LOS ANGELES, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- 3LCD today announced that is has launched the world's first(1) high-temperature polysilicon ("HTPS") TFT liquid crystal chips for 3D 3LCD projectors.
Developed and manufactured using the latest processing technologies, the HTPS chips employ a new technology called 'Bright 3D Drive'. 3LCD applies this technology in a new range of 3D chips, currently in volume production, which will power a number of 3D 3LCD projectors recently announced.
For more than two decades, 3LCD has been one of the choice technologies powering projectors in the education, business and home theater space. In the second quarter of this year, 3LCD showed continued leadership in the U.S. front projection market among traditional projector buyers(2) – those looking for projectors touting 500 Lumens or more. The new 3D chips will enable 3LCD to continue meeting the demand for stunning, bright 2D and 3D images.
As a leader in the projection market, 3LCD will continue to offer a number of technology advantages over the competition, including:
- 3-Chip Optical Engine: All 3LCD projectors use a 3-chip optical engine to deliver incredibly bright, true-to-life color.
- High Color Light Output: 3LCD projectors deliver high Color and White Light Output so images, video and text always look their very best.
- No Color Wheel: 3LCD projectors do not rely on a spinning color wheel to produce color and do not suffer from "the rainbow effect" or "color break-up."
- Road-Tested Reliability: 3LCD technology has consistently been the choice of users who demand long-life performance and reliability.
For more information about 3LCD technology and the wide variety of products and leading manufacturers that use it, visit www.3LCD.com.
(1) According to Epson research (as of the end of August 2011)
(2) Data source: Pacific Media Associates, Q2 2011
About 3LCD Technology
3LCD projection technology delivers unbelievably bright and natural, true-to-life color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability. Using an advanced, 3-chip optical engine, 3LCD offers full-time color for brilliant quality images. 3LCD is based on LCD technology, which is used by leading manufacturers worldwide for the ultimate viewing experience in flat panel TVs and projectors. To find out why more users choose 3LCD than all other projection technologies combined and to get the latest list of leading companies offering 3LCD technology in their products, visit the 3LCD website at http://www.3LCD.com.