SAN DIEGO, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- BakBone Software® (OTC Bulletin Board: BKBO), a leading provider of Universal Data Management solutions, today introduced version 4.0 of NetVault®: FASTRecover™, BakBone's disk-based, real-time data protection solution for Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Windows File Servers.
- NetVault: FASTRecover (NVFR) 4.0 introduces 1) a new distributed architecture to seamlessly protect multiple remote or branch offices across the WAN using a single NVFR infrastructure 2) instantaneous fast failover to physical or virtual machines across a LAN or WAN and 3) the ability to implement distributed application availability to existing IT environments.
- Real-time data protection and replication converge in NVFR 4.0 to deliver a robust application and data recovery scenario that all but eliminates downtime and data loss at a very cost-effective price point.
- A new study by The Mazerov Group, a market research organization, shows that the larger a company's IT budget, the higher the cost of downtime. Businesses with IT budgets over $50,000 lose over $200,000 per data outage.(1) NVFR combats downtime and trims costs by recovering applications and data in as little as 30 seconds and to any point in time.
- Introduces new remote office data protection solution. BakBone's new remote office data protection solution for NVFR recovers applications and associated data in real time with simultaneous local and remote protection technology, made possible via replication between local and remote NVFR servers. BakBone's remote office data protection solution allows customers to maintain a current, recovery-ready copy of production data at a remote site, which can be quickly restored at that remote site.
- Enables failover to physical or virtual machines across a LAN or WAN. NVFR 4.0 further strengthens disaster recovery capabilities to minimize downtime and provide recovery of protected data to an alternate physical server or to a virtual machine in as little as 30 seconds.
- Implements application availability -- local and/or remote -- to existing infrastructures. NVFR provides distributed application availability at an affordable price, enabling customers to implement an infrastructure that will keep their data safe and accessible even in the event of a disaster at either the local or remote site.
Derek Kruger, IT supervisor, City of Safford: "When we had to recover our entire financial database, NetVault: FASTRecover got us back up and running in no time. It fully recovered the SQL database and data to the exact point in time prior to the upgrade that went awry. NetVault: FASTRecover has also helped us eliminate backup windows and complete IT projects during business hours, instead of evenings and weekends. It would be challenging and expensive for us to implement a disaster recovery capability across all of our systems using the multiple systems and layers required by most vendors. NVFR gives us advanced capabilities within a single, easy-to-use layer that requires almost no ongoing administration and upkeep."
Jeff Boles, senior analyst and director of Validation Services, Taneja Group: "Backup and replication have long marched on as separate technologies, to the detriment of the customer. Orchestrating backup, replication and then recovery together has simply too often been enormously complex and enormously expensive. With the latest release of NetVault: FASTRecover, BakBone is taking a huge leap into a future where recovery to nearly any point in time can be had with a nearly instantaneous flip of a switch that returns business systems to a fully operational state within seconds instead of hours or days. Moreover, that capability can be had in an easy-to-implement solution without architecting or re-architecting a whole infrastructure. BakBone is effectively handing the keys to application availability to the customer, allowing organizations to build availability around their application, not the other way around."
Jeff Drescher, vice president of Marketing, BakBone: "By combining real-time data protection with the new replication capabilities, our customers get the best of both worlds at an unmatched price point in the industry. This latest version of NetVault: FASTRecover eliminates the need for customers to purchase separate applications from different vendors to do their backups and replication. NVFR 4.0 protects our customers' data while at the same time keeping their critical applications/servers up and running at both local and remote locations, which results in dramatic cost savings."
NetVault: FASTRecover: http://fastrecover.bakbone.com
Podcast: City of Safford's Experience with NVFR: http://blog.bakbone.com/2010/01/19/podcast-city-of-safford/
Video: Recover consistent application data on the first attempt: http://blog.bakbone.com/2010/01/19/video-whiteboard-session/
BakBone Blog: http://blog.bakbone.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakbone
(1) The Mazerov Group study, commissioned by BakBone, was conducted in September 2009.
About BakBone Software
BakBone Software is a leader in Universal Data Management. This provides a data-centric approach to integrating data protection, centralizing policy management and managing organizations' messaging infrastructure to optimize performance, increase data availability and improve corporate compliance. Learn more about BakBone's Universal Data Management vision at www.bakbone.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BakBone®, BakBone Software®, NetVault®, Application Plugin Module™, BakBone logo®, Integrated Data Protection™, NetVault: SmartDisk™, Asempra®, FASTRecover™, ColdSpark® and SparkEngine™ are all trademarks or registered trademarks of BakBone Software, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of, and used to identify, products or services of their respective owners.
SOURCE BakBone Software, Incorporated