NEW HAVEN, Conn., Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Some people blame the economy for their problems while others blame politicians, but according to Wendy Lipton-Dibner, everyone is pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Perhaps that's why her new book, Shatter Your Speed Limits: Fast-Track Your Success in Business and in Life, became a bestseller this weekend, with top 10 rankings in Success, Management, Leadership, Marketing, Selling and Business Management.
Recommended by experts in the self-help, goal achievement, sales, healthcare, corporate, marketing, media, retail and service industries, Shatter Your Speed Limits(TM) is the first non-fiction book to spotlight non-profit organizations in a story about how to conquer change resistance and build success.
Lipton-Dibner defines a "speed limit" as "anything that blocks our ability to get what we want." For example:
- Non-profit organizations hit "speed limits" when they can't raise funds and awareness or get volunteers consistently engaged.
- Doctors hit "speed limits" when their patients don't follow treatment recommendations for a healthier lifestyle.
- Sales professionals hit "speed limits" when customers don't buy.
- Small businesses hit "speed limits" when faced with competitors with deeper pockets.
- Leaders hit "speed limits" regarding inadequate employee productivity, team work and customer service.
- Mothers hit "speed limits" when they put everyone else first and lose themselves.
- Marriages hit "speed limits" when the romance fades.
- Politicians hit "speed limits" when they can't gather voter support for their platforms.
- Dieters hit "speed limits" when they get close to their goals and then lose momentum.
- Athletes hit "speed limits" when the ball passes right between their hands.
There are only 3 categories of "speed limits" but each of them is enough to retard or even block success. Lipton-Dibner's entertaining and inspirational story guides us step-by-step to identify and shatter our speed limits -- even in a tough economy.
Four tips from the author:
1. Ask this question: "If you woke up tomorrow morning and magically found that you had everything you truly wanted...how would your life be different?"
2. Identify the resources you already have and determine how to get what's missing so you're able to take effective action.
3. Discover and break the "rules" that block permission to succeed.
4. NEVER settle for less than you truly want -- in your business or your life.
About the Author
Wendy Lipton-Dibner, M.A., president of Professional Impact, Inc., is an industry leader in the factors that move people to action. Known internationally for her work in non-profit, healthcare and corporate organizations, Lipton-Dibner is a world-class speaker, bestselling author and trusted advisor to hundreds of doctors and leaders. Founder of the Shatter Your Speed Limits(TM) Fast-Track Academy, she has helped tens of thousands of people worldwide to get what they truly want -- for their businesses and their lives.
AVAILABILITY: Connecticut, nationwide by arrangement, and via telephone
SOURCE Wendy Lipton-Dibner