PORTLAND, Ore., May 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Mastering The Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing: How to Successfully Build Wealth & Grow Passive Income from Your Rental Properties by Doug Marshall, CCIM (Morgan James Publishing, 208 pages, Trade Paper, 2019, $16.95; ISBN: 978-1-64279 015-3) lays out the time-proven strategies of an experienced commercial real estate investor and mortgage broker to help others attain financial freedom.
Do you want to supplement your current income by investing in commercial real estate (CRE)? Better yet, would you like to someday quit your day job and devote your energies exclusively to your rental properties? If that's your plan, then this book is for you.
"I wrote this book to be of service to those who are either getting started or have modest experience in commercial real estate investing," said Portland, Oregon-based Marshall.
With more than thirty-five years of experience financing real estate, including a decade of personally investing in rental properties, he has learned how to successfully invest in commercial real estate.
"What a lot of new investors don't realize, is that the lowest rate may not always be their best option," said Marshall. "I help clients look at the big picture, how to optimize a property's cash-on-cash return while staying within the borrower's lending parameters for down payment, prepayment penalty and other important criteria."
Readers will learn:
- 5 Habits of Highly Successful Real Estate Investors.
- 6 immutable laws of real estate investing.
- How you can get the best possible loan for your property.
- 9 underwriting guidelines lenders use to qualify borrowers.
- What the #1 mistake most property owners make managing their apartments.
- 3 most important things to consider when choosing a property management company.
- 7 hidden costs of managing apartments that can cost you big-time.
- How to best manage their property to reduce risks and remove pitfalls to keep their investing profitable.
- When to buy, and when NOT to buy their next rental property
- 4 lessons he learned from investing in a loser property.
Most books on real estate investing exclusively focus on how to buy rental properties. Marshall's book not only gives common-sense advice about buying real estate but also discusses financing, managing and preparing a property to get the best possible sales price. Too many real estate books are rah-rah and all about getting rich quick, Marshall provides grounded, insightful, and timely insights, strategies, and facts that people need to invest successfully in commercial real estate.
SOURCE Doug Marshall