CHICAGO, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you ready to scoop into 100 percent sweet ice cream indulgence with zero percent guilt? Ice cream just got a healthy makeover with new Brio Frozen Dairy Dessert, a delicious and smartly nutritious treat, rich in 24 vitamins and minerals, six grams of protein and no artificial sweeteners. Brio is now available exclusively for Chicagoans at specialty retailers and outlets around the city.
Brio offers five tantalizing flavors: Mellow Dark Chocolate, Vanilla Caramel, Coffee Latte, Spring Strawberry and Tropical Mango. Compared to the top super premium ice cream brands, Brio packs a more nutritious punch for an anytime snack or dessert and has approximately 25 percent fewer calories per 4 ounce serving, half the total fat, 65 percent less saturated fat, 75 percent less cholesterol and 10 percent less sugar.
In each 4-ounce serving size, Brio provides:
- Excellent source of 24 essential vitamins and minerals, including antioxidant Vitamins A, C, E and selenium. Brio also offers an excellent source of calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D.
- Good source of protein with 6 grams per 4 ounce serving
- Omega 3, 6 and 9 balanced fats, with just 6 to 7 grams of total fat per serving and only 3 grams of saturated fat. Organic virgin coconut oil and r-BST-free ghee are included for their nutritional benefits.
- Only 160 - 170 calories per serving
- Certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union
- Half the fat; 65 percent less saturated fat, 75 percent less cholesterol and 10 percent less sugar than super premium ice creams
Brio promises to only use the highest quality ingredients and will never have:
- Artificial sweeteners (Brio only uses natural, non-GMO, non-corn pure fructose, organic agave syrup and organic dried cane syrup)
- Artificial flavors (Brio only uses real mangoes, strawberries, coffee extract, caramel and vanilla to create the great tasting flavors)
- GMO ingredients
Nourishing Indulgence Any Time of Day
With Brio, moms can feel good that their families are enjoying a nutritious snack at any time of day – as an after-school snack, a post-workout treat, mini meal to go, or as a smart evening indulgence. Brio contains less sugar than many flavored yogurts and is sweetened only with natural, low-glycemic sweeteners, and its single-serve size help manage portion control and calories.
Twin brothers and entrepreneurs Ron and Arnie Koss are proud to introduce Brio after 10 years in development, working closely with the nation's best registered dietitians, and renowned ice cream product developers who once led the way for Ben & Jerry's. The duo previously founded Earth's Best, the first organic baby food in the United States.
"Brio's mission is to help people of all ages and activity levels live with 'brio' in the truest sense of the word – with vigor, energy and vitality," said Arnie Koss, co-founder of Brio. "It is the 'have it all' treat that offers the satisfaction of a creamy, rich indulgence that aligns with a health and wellness-oriented lifestyle."
Brio Available Here
Brio is available in convenient 4 fluid ounce single serve packages ($1.79 - $1.99) or 14-ounce small pints ($4.99 - $5.99). You can find Brio around Chicago at:
Anton's Fruit Ranch, 300 Skokie Valley Road, Highland Park
Carnival Foods, 458 W Dickens Ave, Chicago
DePaul University, Chicago
Lincoln Park Zoo, Park Place Cafe
Loyola University, Damen Student Center, Chicago
The Marketplace Chicago, 521 West Diversey Pkwy, Chicago
Milk and More, 702 Diversey Pkwy, Chicago
Potash Brothers Grocery, 875 N. Michigan Ave, 875 N. State St., 1525 N. Clark St, Chicago
Sunset Foods, various locations
Windy City Sweets, 3308 N Broadway, Chicago
About Brio Frozen Dairy Dessert
To learn more about Brio, please visit www.brioicecream.com. Follow us on Twitter @BrioIceCream; Facebook at www.facebook.com/brioicecream and on Instagram at brio_ice_cream.
SOURCE Brio Frozen Dairy Dessert