BOSTON, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimdim, the easy, open and affordable cloud-based web collaboration platform, continues to stretch the boundaries of what's possible in the web conference market. Today's launch of Dimdim 6 brings sophisticated new collaboration features enabling web-connected populations – from entrepreneurs and SMBs to schools and entire businesses – to engage in web conferencing for the first time. Dimdim democratized web conferencing when it launched publicly in 2008 by eliminating the need to install software and today extended its lead by bringing unmatched power and ease of use to standard Mac, Windows or Linux web browsers. Dimdim's rapid growth and new release demonstrate that real-time, feature-rich web conferencing can be both easy and affordable.
"I am elated with the success we've enjoyed and Dimdim 6 is a testament to our customers' support and our innovative approach to web collaboration," said DD Ganguly, CEO of Dimdim. "Dimdim has taken what was once expensive and complex technology controlled by legacy companies such as WebEx and GoToMeeting and transformed it to be widely accessible, user-friendly and cost-effective. Dimdim 6 sets a new mark for delivering real-time, rich-media collaboration within a standard web browser and we look forward to continuing to provide the type of innovation our customers expect."
Dimdim 6 continues its tradition of providing easy yet powerful web conferencing features including instant screen sharing, document sharing, video conferencing, public and private chat, and collaborative whiteboards. Dimdim 6 now adds key new enhancements including:
- The ability to share as much or as little of your screen as you like – from the entire desktop to a single application window or a region of your desktop – with the improved myScreen™ feature
- Instant poll creation and reporting for added interactivity and information sharing during meetings
- Secure cloud-based document storage for presentations and other PDF, Word and Excel documents so less time is spent preparing and more time is spent meeting; in addition, you can now easily share a secure web link to original documents at any time
- Enhanced web mashups enabling a much richer meeting and collaboration experience through the integration of YouTube, Picasa and any other embeddable web object within the Dimdim meeting
- 4-way, full screen video chat so more meeting participants are visible to each other
- Available room, email and template customization so businesses can apply their branding to the Dimdim 6 platform, further enhancing and leveraging the web conference experience for their customers, partners and other associates
Dimdim 6 is available immediately at http://www.dimdim.com and offered in Free, Pro, Webinar and Business versions starting at only $25 per month for 50 participants. Existing Dimdim customers gain access to all new Dimdim 6 features at no additional cost.
Dimdim, the easy, open and affordable web conferencing platform lets anyone host or attend live online meetings, demos and webinars using just a web browser -- no additional software required. The optional Dimdim myScreen™ plug-in lets anyone share their screen in seconds even without launching a browser or scheduling a meeting. While face-to-face meetings used to be the only way to collaborate, Dimdim is now The Best Way to Work to save money, time and travel. Used by more than 6 million people and businesses worldwide, Dimdim provides multiple free and commercial cloud-based solutions capable of supporting thousands of participants per meeting and is backed by the original investors in Skype, Hotmail, and MySQL and is found in Lowell, Mass., offices around the world and at http://www.dimdim.com.