SOLON, Ohio, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Envision grilled white meat chicken with fruits and vegetables like pineapple and edamame – all steamed to perfection with sweet and savory sesame ginger vinaigrette and topped with crispy noodles. No, you're not sitting at your favorite restaurant; you're enjoying a LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions entree, conveniently stocked right in the frozen aisle of your local grocer! These delicious meal-worthy salad combinations are customizable and prepared to perfection in a steam pouch. Just BYOL™ -- Bring Your Own Lettuce -- and we'll dress it up!
Why are these salads the freshest thing in frozen? Salad consumption is on the rise with 66% of Americans saying they consume in-home salads every two weeks.* With LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions, now you can enjoy restaurant quality salads at home or in the office, without the restaurant price tag. "For LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions, we wanted to think beyond the traditional," said Mike Niethammer, LEAN CUISINE Director of Marketing. "These entrees are the first of their kind in the frozen aisle. The combination of mouth-watering chicken and vegetables, culinary-inspired dressings and crunchy toppings paired with your choice of fresh crisp lettuce makes for a truly modern dining experience."
The perfect solution for eating right without sacrificing amazing taste, LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions can be prepared and customized in minutes, right from your freezer to your salad bowl. Available in four varieties, LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions feature premium ingredients such as warm grilled white meat chicken, crisp vegetables, chilled culinary-inspired dressings and satisfyingly crunchy toppings – all you need to do is add your own lettuce. For the best salads possible, pair your favorite LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions variety with Fresh Express® salads, which are harvested at the peak of freshness.
- NEW! Asian-Style Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette: Grilled white meat chicken, edamame, pineapple, broccoli and yellow & orange carrots with crispy noodles
- Pair with Fresh Express® Romaine Lettuce
- NEW! Southwest-Style Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing: Grilled white meat chicken, black beans, sweet corn, roasted red peppers and poblano peppers with crispy tortilla strips
- Pair with Fresh Express® Romaine Lettuce
- NEW! Cranberry & Chicken Salad with Raspberry Cabernet Vinaigrette: Grilled white meat chicken, dried cranberries, broccoli, red onions, yellow carrots and a blend of whole grains with crunchy sesame sticks
- Pair with Fresh Express® Sweet Butter Lettuce
- NEW! Bistro Chicken Salad with Sweet & Tangy Vinaigrette with Bacon: Grilled white meat chicken, asparagus, yellow carrots and red peppers with crispy onion straws
- Pair with Fresh Express® Baby Spinach
New LEAN CUISINE Salad Additions will be available in the frozen aisle of supermarkets nationwide along with other LEAN CUISINE favorites in January 2013. To learn more about all of the LEAN CUISINE Culinary Chic varieties, join the conversation on our following websites:
- Official website: www.LeanCuisine.com
- Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeanCuisine
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LeanCuisine
- See what's happening on Tumblr: www.beculinarychic.tumblr.com
- Follow our feed on Instagram: CulinaryChic
- Check out what's new on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leancuisine
*Source: The NPD Group's National Eating Trends® Service. Year ending February 2012
About Nestle USA:
Named one of "The World's Most Admired Food Companies" in Fortune magazine for fifteen consecutive years, Nestle provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with Lean Cuisine® to baking traditions with Nestle® Toll House®, Nestle USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That's what "Nestle. Good Food, Good Life" is all about. Nestle USA, with 2011 sales of $10 billion, is part of Nestle S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world's largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2011 sales of $94 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or NestleNewsroom.com.
Unless noted to the contrary, all trademarks are owned by Societe des Produits Nestle S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.
About Fresh Express Incorporated:
Fresh Express, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB), is a leader in fresh foods and is dedicated to providing consumers with healthy, convenient ready-to-eat salads, leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. With the invention of its special Keep Crisp® Bag in the 1980s, Fresh Express pioneered the retail packaged salad category and was the first to make them available to grocery stores nationwide. Today, Fresh Express fresh salads come in more than 60 different varieties offering exciting new flavors and convenient new ways to meet the daily dietary requirements for fresh produce. More than 20 million consumers each week enjoy healthy, convenient ready-to-eat Fresh Express salads, spinach, vegetables and greens. For more information, visit www.freshexpress.com.
FRESH EXPRESS is a registered trademark of Fresh Express Incorporated and used with permission.
SOURCE LEAN CUISINE