NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- "Scholastic Reads," a new podcast about children's books and the joy and power of reading launches today with a behind-the-scenes look at the Harry Potter series as told by Cheryl Klein, the continuity editor for the 6th and 7th books in the series. This new, biweekly podcast from Scholastic (Nasdaq: SCHL), the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, will feature in-depth interviews with bestselling children's book authors and illustrators, editors and experts, who will provide their insights about writing, publishing and trends in children's books – as well as their personal book recommendations in "ask an editor" episodes. Suzanne McCabe, Scholastic Editor-at-Large, hosts "Scholastic Reads."
Share this release: http://bit.ly/1TK7S2x
"From the magic of the Harry Potter series to insider stories from the world of children's books and publishing, our new podcast series is perfect for anyone who loves to read, as well those who want to inspire children to discover the power and joy of reading," said Suzanne McCabe, Editor-at-Large, Scholastic and host of the "Scholastic Reads" podcast. "We plan to offer listeners behind-the-scenes insights, book recommendations and much more from the Scholastic family of YA and children's book authors, illustrators, editors and experts who are passionate about great stories and the power of books to 'Open a World of Possible' for children."
Upcoming "Scholastic Reads" episodes include:
- Podcast Episode #1: The Magic of Harry Potter: What sets the Harry Potter series apart from other popular children's series? How did it become the most recognizable in all of children's literature? Cheryl Klein talks about her work as continuity editor on the series and shares harrowing stories about keeping the final manuscripts secret. Literacy expert Pam Allyn, Founding Director of LitWorld, weighs in on how Hogwarts and the lessons Harry Potter teaches us can be valuable for educators.
- Podcast Episode #2: Kids' Books Holiday Hotline: Giving the gift of reading can be difficult, especially when you have a reluctant reader on your holiday shopping list. Children's literature experts David Allender and Preeti Chhibber of Scholastic Reading Club answer parents' trickiest book-buying questions.
- Podcast Episode #3: Every Child a Super Reader: Literacy experts Pam Allyn, Founding Director of LitWorld, and Dr. Ernest Morrell, Columbia University Professor and former NCTE President, talk about their new book, Every Child a Super Reader, and how parents and teachers can develop students' seven key strengths to transform them into "super readers."
- Podcast Episode #4: Book Trends of 2016: What are the big trends in children's books for 2016? Children's literature experts David Allender and Preeti Chhibber of Scholastic Reading Club share their projections for the New Year.
To listen to the podcast, visit http://www.scholastic.com/scholasticreads
For more about Scholastic, visit: http://mediaroom.scholastic.com
- Don't miss "Scholastic Reads," @Scholastic new podcast about joy & power and of reading: http://bit.ly/SRpodcast
- .@Scholastic launches a new #podcast about the books they publish & the authors & stories behind them. Learn more: http://bit.ly/SRpodcast
- What happened when #HarryPotter editor transported the world's most valuable manuscript from England -> US? Find out: http://oomscholasticblog.com/podcast/1-magic-harry-potter
SOURCE Scholastic Inc.