HOBOKEN, N.J., Jan. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Choice Media is excited to announce new panelists added to the upcoming New Jersey School Choice Summit: Cami Anderson, Newark Schools Superintendent; Amy Ruck, NJ Department of Education Deputy Chief Officer of Innovation and Harold Lee, NJ Department of Education Director of Charter Schools.
Choice Media joins Saint Peter's University School of Education, National School Choice Week, New Jersey Public School Options and AmeriHealth New Jersey to sponsor the 2015 NJ School Choice Summit on Friday, January 23, from 9am-4pm in the Duncan Family Sky Room, Mac Mahon Student Center, Saint Peter's University in Jersey City. In commemoration of National School Choice Week, the Summit is the one day each year when leaders and parents from across New Jersey can meet to discuss education reform and school choice innovations. Tickets for the Summit are $25 online and $30 at the door, including breakfast and lunch. Registrations are being accepted now at NJSchoolChoice.com.
"We promise a timely, important and uplifting meeting, with thoughtful discussion around education reform and school choice for the benefit of New Jersey families," noted Bob Bowdon, Executive Director of Choice Media, the organization producing the Summit.
The NJ School Choice Summit speakers and panelists will include the following:
- Bob Bowdon, Executive Director, Choice Media
- Cami Anderson, Newark Schools Superintendent
- Amy Ruck, Deputy Director of Innovation, New Jersey Department of Education
- Harold Lee, Director of Charter Schools, New Jersey Department of Education
- Derrell Bradford, Executive Director, NYCAN
- Campbell Brown, Founder, Partnership for Educational Justice; former CNN Host
- Lorna Bryant, Senior Director, School Development, K12
- Patrick Byrne, Founder and Coordinator, Newark Preparatory Charter School
- Joe Doria, Dean of the School of Education, Saint Peter's University; former Speaker, New Jersey State Assembly (D)
- Donnie W. Evans, State District Superintendent, PatersonPublic Schools
- Nicole Harris, Uncommon Schools
- Shavar Jeffries, Former President, Newark Public School Advisory Board
- Senator Tom Kean, Jr. (R), New Jersey's 21st Legislative District
- Michelle Mason, Deputy Director, JerseyCAN
- Lee McNulty, Former Paterson Public Schools Teacher
- Rick Pressler, Interim President & CEO, New Jersey Charter Schools Association
- Assemblyman Troy Singleton (D), New Jersey's 7th Legislative District
- Valarie M. Smith, Co-Director, New Jersey Interdistrict Public School Choice Association
- Laura Waters, Blogger, New Jersey Left Behind
- Assemblyman David W. Wolfe (R), New Jersey's 10th Legislative District
- Dick Zimmer, Former Member, U.S. House of Representatives, New Jersey's 12th District
Please check the ChoiceMedia.TV website for a live stream of the event.
Contact: Audrey Mullen, 202-270-2772, [email protected]