CHESTER, England, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Average top ISA rate up by 0.20 per cent year on year
With the start of the new tax year, consumers have the chance to benefit from another year's ISA allowance and protect their hard earned cash from the tax man. From April 6th 2012, the ISA limit has been increased to £11,280, of which £5,640 can be saved in a cash ISA.
With average top rates up by 0.20 per cent since last year there is even more reason for consumers to consider how to make the most of their allowance. A comparison of ISA products against non ISA products also shows little difference between rates; however tax payers will reap the reward from tax free benefits offered by ISAs.
In the last couple of days, there have been a number of new ISA bond product launches including the Starter ISA Issue 2 from Nottingham Building Society offering a market leading rate of 5.00 per cent. In the easy access ISA market there have also been a couple of new launches from the building societies, for example, Nationwide has launched the Flexclusive ISA with a rate of 4.25 per cent. This is only available to new or existing FlexAccount customers.
Kevin Mountford, head of banking at moneysupermarket.com, said: "The start of the new tax year should encourage all those savers who failed to make use of their ISA allowance to make a fresh start this year and ensure any savings they have are in a tax efficient wrapper.
"By thinking about your ISA allowance at the beginning of the year rather than at the end it means you can make the most of protecting your savings from the tax man and help boost your savings pot. Many people will have focused on sorting this year's allowance rather than transferring their existing pot, so consumers should make it a priority to action this sooner rather than later.
"We have already seen a number of new products come onto the market at the start of the year and it's encouraging to see rates are creeping up year on year. With rates on ISAs and non ISAs on a par, it's a no brainer for consumers to make the most of their ISA allowance. It's also important savers who took out an easy access account with a short term bonus to note when the bonus finishes and act to switch. Otherwise, they may well end up on a rate much lower than the leading offers in the market, causing them to miss out on much needed additional interest."
Notes to Editors:
ISA Bond Comparison - based on £5,640
Products highlighted in grey have recently launched
Account (Terms & Provider Conditions Apply) Term Minimum Deposit AER Nottingham BS Starter ISA Issue 2 05.04.2013 GBP10 5.00% 1 Year Saffron BS Fixed Rate Regular Saver Cash ISA 1 Year GBP10 4.00% Principality BS Regular Saver ISA Issue 3 05.04.2013 GBP20 4.00% BM Savings Fixed Rate ISA 2 Years GBP500 4.05% 2 Years Cheshire BS Direct Fixed Rate ISA (Issue 4) 2 Years GBP1,000 4.00% Halifax ISA Saver Fixed 2 Years GBP1,000 3.70% Halifax ISA Saver Fixed 3 Years GBP500 4.25% 3 Years Marks & Spencer Fixed Rate Saving Option Cash ISA 12 3 Years GBP500 3.75% Furness BS Fixed Rate Issue 35a 3 Years GBP1,000 3.75% Halifax ISA Saver Fixed 4 Years GBP500 4.35% 4 Years Furness BS Fixed Rate Issue 32a 4 Years GBP1,000 4.00% Julian Hodge Bank Fixed ISA 4 Years GBP5,100 3.75% Halifax ISA Saver Fixed 5 years GBP500 4.50% 5 Years BM Savings Fixed Rate ISA 5 years GBP500 4.25% Leeds BS Fixed Rate ISA Issue 32 5 years GBP1 4.00%
Easy Access ISAs - GBP5,640 Provider Account (Terms & Minimum AER Transfer In Conditions Apply) Deposit Nationwide BS Flexclusive ISA GBP1 4.25% (Includes Yes (available to new or existing 2.25% bonus until FlexAccount customers only) 31.10.2013) Cheshire BS Direct Cash ISA Issue 2 GBP1,000 3.50% (Includes No 2.5% bonus until 31.10.2013) Santander Direct ISA Issue 9 GBP2,500 3.30% (Includes 2.8% Yes bonus for 12 months) Principality BS e-ISA Issue 3 GBP1 3.10% (Includes 1.3% Yes bonus until 31/07/12) Skipton BS Bonus Cash ISA GBP1 3.10% (Includes 1.1% No bonus for 12 months)
Sourced by http://www.moneysupermarket.com 10.04.2012
MoneySupermarket.com's customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay - you don't need to go direct and you won't get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won't sell them to anybody
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 28th February 2012)
- 97 car insurance providers and 80 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 35 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 63 mortgage lenders and 29 credit card providers
- 67 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
- Over 1,300,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don't add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You'll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors or customer services agents.
For further information please contact:
PR Manager Financial Services