LONDON, August 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
With school bells getting ready to ring in the new term across the country and with new uniforms and school supplies bought, now is the time parents traditionally start turning their thoughts to life insurance, according to one of the UK's leading price comparison sites comparethemarket.com.
Starting a family can often make people realise the need for life insurance when they care for a dependent for the first time. However, the arrival of a new baby keeps parents and their wallets busy so it's understandable that life insurance might slip down the priority list! But before you know it, the kids are starting school and it may be time to think again about getting insured. Life insurance offers that extra peace of mind that your children will still be looked after should the worst happen.
However, the longer you wait, the costlier it can become. Figures from comparethemarket.com show that a 47-year-old would incur a monthly premium of £15.30*, over three times the amount a 30-year-old would have to pay.
Jeremy Moll, Commercial Director for comparethemarket.com, said: "With the children heading back to school, it's a good time to think about providing for them in all eventualities. comparethemarket.com can take the stress out of shopping for life insurance. With just one screen to fill in, customers can find great deals at the touch of a button. Comparing and contrasting products from different providers, customers can be sure to find the right cover at the right price to suit their lifestyle and circumstances."
Specialising in more than just car insurance, comparethemarket.com provides customers with an easy way to find the right deal on a wide range of insurance and financial products from home, van, bike, life and pet insurance to credit cards. It also offers comparisons for a range of household utilities including electricity, gas, phone, broadband and digital TV.
* Figures are based on the best quote price for a 20-year policy for £100,000 cover for a non-smoker
- comparethemarket.com was launched in 2006 as a motor insurance comparison site, offering customers a wide range of competitively priced insurance quotes instantly online. It is now one of the UK's leading price comparison brands.
- As well as insurance, comparethemarket.com now also offers comparisons on credit cards, loans, current accounts and savings accounts.
- comparethemarket.com has grown rapidly over the past three years from 50,000 monthly visitors to around 3 million a month
- comparethemarket.com actively selects its brand partners to ensure quality service to consumers.
comparethemarket.com is a trading name of BISL Limited. BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered Address: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, PE2 6YS. Registered in England number 3231094.