HIGHLANDS, N.C., Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Open Enrollment Period approaching, a new website promises to make enrollment quick and easy with the added benefit of a licensed insurance broker to assist, if needed. The website is operated by Ted Schmidt & Associates, Inc. - Independent Insurance Brokers. There is no cost to the consumer to use the services of an insurance broker, and the expertise in deciphering the plans is invaluable.
ACAExpressEnroll.com says, "Our goal is to make Obamacare Health Plan enrollment as simple as possible … Feel free to enroll on you own or contact us for help." The website securely saves the information an enrollee inputs, so that if HealthCare.gov goes down, the enrollee will not have to start over at the beginning.
You can even enter some of your information ahead of November 15th and get a jump on your enrollment. All of the plans offered are Qualified Health Plans which cover pre-existing conditions and provide preventative care. Many who apply for coverage also qualify for a premium subsidy which lowers the insured's monthly premium.
If you are on the fence regarding enrollment, you may want to consider the following:
- The penalty for those without insurance in 2015 is $325 per adult or 2% of household income whichever is greater.
- The deadline for enrolling in a plan for 2015 is February 15th. If you do not enroll by February 15th, and if you later wish you had insurance, you will have to wait until 2016 for coverage.
- If you already have a plan, you will still want to shop. New plans and new carriers will be available starting November 15th for the 2015 plan year, and as insurance premiums have gone up, you will want to update your account so that your subsidy can be adjusted.
- For a two person household, subsidies are not available for households making more than about $62,000 per year. This income amount includes Social Security, but can be lowered by IRA and HSA contributions.
- Currently, and these figures will change after November 15th, a couple ages 60 and 63 making $60,000 per year, would get an approximately $731 per month credit which would lower their monthly premium by the same amount.
- For all ACA plans, preventative services are covered at no cost.
Licensed, Certified, Experienced Insurance Agents are available to assist you in your enrollment for 2015. To start the process, visit www.ACAExpressEnroll.com, or call 800-972-1108.
Ted Schmidt, 828-279-2732, Email