ISELIN, N.J., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's restaurant Owners in the Tri-State area are kicking off the Super Bowl XLVIII celebration with a host of activities for customers in and out of the restaurants. From commemorative merchandise and food promotions to McCafe Premium Roast Coffee sampling for fans on Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC, local McDonald's restaurants are getting fans amped for the action.
"On behalf of local McDonald's business owners in the Tri-State area, we extend a welcome to fans from all over the country to one of the most exciting events in sports history taking place in our own backyard," said Tony Scari, a local New Jersey McDonald's franchisee.
Through integrated activations to build excitement throughout the Tri-State region, fans will be able to engage with McDonald's through several experiences offline and online, including:
- McDonald's street teams who will be serving free McCafe Premium Roast Coffee to keep fans warm on Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC January 29th – February 1st, noon – 10pm. Additionally, fans will be encouraged to share their love for McCafe on Twitter using the hashtag #PoweredbyMcCafe for a chance to win food and prizes from local McDonald's restaurants.
- Special in-restaurant Super Bowl XLVIII commemorative merchandise and promotions, including a 40-piece Chicken McNugget party pack to share with friends while watching the game. An iconic themed Super Bowl XLVIII poster is available for .25 cents with any purchase and proceeds will be donated to local NY Tri-State Ronald McDonald House Charities. Commemorative Super Bowl Arch gift cards will also be available at all McDonald's restaurants for purchase.
- The ability to power up and recharge cell phones at charging stations in five McDonald's restaurants around Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC.
- 341 5th Avenue (Between 33rd & 34th)
- 490 8th Avenue (Between 34th & 35th)
- 556 7th Avenue (40th Street)
- 220 West 42nd Street (Between 7th & 8th Ave)
- 1560 Broadway (Times Square)
- A contest where fans around the country are invited to share a photo on Twitter or Instagram of themselves getting excited for The Big Game using the hashtag #McDSuperBowlSelfie. The best photos will be displayed at http://mcdonaldsnytristate.com/selfie.
- A performance by the NFL Players Choir, comprised of active and former players, at three McDonald's Restaurants on January 29 (1700 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT at 9:30 am; 772 Broad Street, Newark, NJ at 12:30 pm; and 220 West 42nd Street, NY at 7:30 pm).
- NFL Rush Zone Happy Meal toy sales at the McDonald's located at NY's Herald Square through February 6, while supplies last.
ABOUT McDONALD'S NEW YORK TRI-STATE RESTAURANTS:
McDonald's New York Metro Owners and Operators are proud to represent McDonald's as the official restaurant of Super Bowl XLVIII. McDonald's is one of the world's best-known brands and is a global leader in food service. There are more than 600 McDonald's restaurants, owned by over 100 franchisees, located throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut Tri-State area. Visit www.McDonaldsNYTriState.com or follow us on Twitter @McDNYTriState for information about other McDonald's area programs.
SOURCE McDonald's New York Tri-State Area Restaurants