Tim Armstrong, CEO of AOL, Headlines Strong Cast of Speakers at NYVCA's Annual Event
NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The New York Venture Capital Association (NYVCA) announced a talented lineup for its annual INGENUITY conference on November 7-8, 2012. The invitation-only event will bring together more than 500 investors, entrepreneurs and other key members of the startup community for a day of pitches, keynotes and networking.
The conference will consist of three panel sessions focused on exits, the cloud and promising New York-based startups. Keynote speaker Tim Armstrong, Chief Executive Officer of AOL, is joined by a strong speaker lineup that includes:
- Mike Richter, former professional hockey player for the New York Rangers and Partner of Environmental Capital Partners
- Bob Pittman, Chief Executive Officer of Clear Channel Communications and Chief Executive Officer of CC Media Holdings
- Michael Barrett, Chief Revenue Officer of Yahoo! and former Chief Executive Officer of AdMeld
- Dan Porter, General Manager of Zynga New York
- Wiley Cerilli, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of SinglePlatform
- Matthew Prince, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of CloudFlare
- Tom Evans, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bankrate, former CEO of GovWorks, and Geocities
- Simone Brunozzi, Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
In addition to the aforementioned speakers, the New York-based startups panel will feature homegrown talent such as:
- Scott Meyer, CEO, Evidon
- Are Traasdahl, Founder & CEO, TapAd
- Jack Welde, Founder & CEO, Smartling
- Paul Gollash, Founder & CEO, Voxy
- Guillaume Gauthereau, Co-Founder, CEO Totsy
- Jonathan Glick, CEO, Sulia
"The NYVCA has amassed a talented crop of speakers that boasts a wealth of experience on both the investor side and the startup side," says Bob Greene, Partner at Contour Venture Partners and Co-Chair of INGENUITY 2012. "We are excited to hear from industry veterans as well as locally-grown talent in a setting that will showcase the most promising early-stage companies and investment opportunities."
Last year's event drew more than 500 attendees and 75 presenting companies, and anticipation for INGENUITY 2012 is even higher. "We've already observed a large uptick in early interest around this year's event as compared to this time last year," remarked Danny Schultz, Co-Founder and Managing Director of DFJ Gotham Ventures and Co-Chair of INGENUITY 2012. "The success INGENUITY enjoyed in 2011 resulted in a lot of positive buzz and has folks within the startup and venture capital communities very excited for this year's presentations and discussions."
In addition to the speaker sessions, attendees will enjoy presentations from 30 local emerging companies over the course of the two-day event. "The companies that have been selected to present this year represent some of the most promising early-stage investment opportunities in the New York area," says David Pakman, Partner at Venrock and INGENUITY 2012 Co-Chair. "One of the best things about INGENUITY is the opportunity it presents for investors to not only learn about the hottest startups, but to spend time networking with entrepreneurs whose companies have already endured a competitive vetting process. The time the NYVCA puts into selecting the presenters really helps to distinguish high-potential companies from the pack, making this a worthwhile event for all involved."
About INGENUITY 2012
INGENUITY is the New York Venture Capital's flagship event and will be held at New World Stages on November 7-8, 2012. Additional information, including registration details, can be accessed here: http://www.nyvca.org/events/ingenuity-2012/.
About New York Venture Capital Association
The New York Venture Capital Association (NYVCA) is a community comprised of the leading Venture Capital and Private Equity professionals in the New York area. Membership is by invitation only and the focus remains on bringing together the most successful partners for firm creation and growth over the next decade. Additional information about the NYVCA can be accessed by visiting its homepage here: http://www.nyvca.org/.
Contact: Kim Racciato, +1-212-404-6920
SOURCE New York Venture Capital Association