NEW YORK, April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: NEWT), The Small Business Authority, has announced being a sponsor of the 22nd Imus Radiothon. The Radiothon is a 2 day effort on 77 WABC and on the FOX Business Network to raise money for children with cancer and serious blood disorders, in addition to SIDS. This event will benefit the Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer, the Tomorrows Children's Fund and the CJ Foundation for SIDS.
The Small Business Authority will sponsor a 30 minute segment during the Radiothon. CEO and Chairman, Barry Sloane will be participating LIVE in-studio on the Imus in the Morning program on Thursday, May 5th, between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time. Mr. Sloane will be interviewed by Don Imus.
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek™ brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek currently provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek™ brand as a one-stop-shop provider of its business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Newtek's business service lines include:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Web Hosting: Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: a suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
For more information, please visit www.newtekbusinessservices.com.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Rubenstein Public Relations
Telephone: (212) 843-9335
Contact: Liz Petrova / [email protected]
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.