HOUSTON, Sept. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Nexant, a leading advisor in the energy and chemicals sector, has announced a new workshop that gives attendees a greater understanding of the fundamentals of the plastics industry and how we can take action to achieve a more sustainable model for the future. Plastic professionals (supply chain, purchasing, manufacturing, material and application design, recycling/recovery), material sustainability professionals, and other stakeholders (policy makers, NGOs, educators) are invited to attend. This course will be led by Nexant's Senior Trainer, Ron Horton, and Professor/Consultant Ken Miller, who have a combined 79 years of experience in chemicals and plastics.
Download the agenda for Houston on October 25 or San Francisco on December 10 here:
Fundamentals of Plastics for a More Sustainable World
Save $150 per person when three of more delegates from your company register. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent your bespoke discount code.
Versatile, durable, and affordable, plastic materials are inescapably embedded into every aspect of our daily activities. Yet the impact of end-of-use waste and evolving expectations across the plastics value chain are putting pressure on the industry for change.
- Understand the fundamentals of the plastics industry and how its feedstocks relate to the energy world.
- Explore the short and long term impact of plastics on global sustainability and review the portfolio of actions required to achieve a circular model.
- Acquire the knowledge that professionals in the plastic industry need to transform the plastic value chain and applications into a source of sustainability solutions and a future of guilt-free growth.
- Be inspired by examples of current best practices.
- Plastic value chain, sustainability solutions, and challenges
- Hydrocarbon feedstocks and chemical streams, cost, regional supply implications
- Industry profitability, major players, and growth forecasts
- Linear vs. circular economy model for plastics
- Historical perspective on plastic industry: volume, applications, fate at the end of use.
- The "Re" Triad: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: what works?
- Other essential "Re's": Recovery, Redesign, Remediation, Renewables, and Regulation
- Role of public policy, Extended Producer Responsibility, consumer trends
- Actions of major brands and producers across the plastic value chain
- Total system approach to plastics sustainability
To find out more, read our white paper on plastics in a more sustainable world. You can also read what Nexant is doing as a company to ensure corporate responsibility and sustainable practices.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Energy and Utility Industries. For over 50 years, through a combination of business and technical expertise, Nexant has been enabling management teams, investors, and lenders to make better decisions. Nexant's clients include over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and over 200 utility and software services customers. The Energy & Chemical Advisory (E&CA) business unit has an established network of consulting centers in San Francisco, New York, Houston, London, Bahrain, Bangkok, and Singapore.