NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Grocery retailers will outperform the wider non-food market over the next five years. Health and beauty will continue to dominate, while in a reflection of the wider market, music and video will be decimated by digital delivery and online content. The grocers are becoming more competitive in non-food with larger ranges and improved services making them a real threat to the specialists.
- Discover which non-food sectors provide the most growth in grocers over the coming five years, enabling you to effectively plan your non-food strategy
- Understand how the grocers are improving their use of space in store and identify opportunities to further improve your performance
- Benchmark your performance against the Big Four grocers and the remainder of the market by non-food sector in order to identify opportunities
Total non-food has struggled compared to total retail in recent years; however, the grocers have outperformed both, as their high levels of footfall have provided them with a captive audience of shoppers looking for value and convenience in non-food.
In the five years to 2014 each of the Big Four grocers has increased its share of the non-food market, as these sectors became more important to help improve the performance of their larger stores in particular. Tesco remains dominant thanks to its significant space advantage and market leading position in the food and grocery sector.
Health and beauty continues to dominate the grocers' non-food offer and will be the fastest growing sector. This is a reflection of the continued improvements that the grocers have made to their offers. The addition of services such as cosmetics counters, nail bars and pharmacies has all helped make them more competitive.
Reasons To Buy
- Which retailer will gain the most market share in non-food in 2014 and why?
- What impact will smaller stores have on non-food sales, and how will grocers incorporate an effective online offer?
- What sectors are the grocers underperforming in and how can they turn their performance around in these sectors?
- How does the growth in the grocers non-food market compare to total retail and the total non-food market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03599813-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001