NEW YORK, July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sophisticated food processing techniques by developing countries and demand for new ingredients in food processing has driven the food additives market which is estimated to reach US$ 38.7billion by 2020 with a CAGR of 3.6%. Due to the growing trend towards reducing fat content in food products, the food emulsifiers market is considered to be the fastest-growing segment of food additives market and is witnessing a remarkable growth.
The North American market is estimated to value at $644 million in 2014 and reaches $787.4 million by 2020 with a CAGR of 3.4% during 2014 to 2020.
Busy lifestyle of consumers clamor for processed convenience foods that make preparing food a easy process. Desk bound lifestyles have not only increased the demand for packaged and convenience foods but also to the raising obesity levels globally. This has resulted in consumers demanding for trans fat products, driving the food processors to use emulsifiers to reduce the calories and fat content. Awareness on functional foods, and major applications in the Bakery and Confectionary Industry, Dairy, and high consumption of Ice creams, biscuits, mayonnaise, chocolates, bread, coffee, soft drinks are other drivers for food emulsifiers market. New processing techniques used for product development have also invariably raised the market for food emulsifiers. The burgeoning affluent middle class in the BRICS nations demand for convenience foods with ethnic tastes and flavors, however not without the awareness on the additives used, fat content and nutrition value.
The market is segmented into mono & di-glyceride derivatives, lecithin, sorbitan esters, and stearoyl lactylates. Di-Glycerides hold the maximum share among the synthetic emulsifiers while Lecithin dominates in the natural food emulsifiers segment. The food emulsifiers are used in various food applications which include functional foods, Bakery and Confectionary (accounting for maximum share in usage of Emulsifiers), Dairy products, Convenience foods, and Meat Products. The growing importance of convenience is driving food choice which is driving the demand for convenience food globally. However, as the consumer perspective is changing from 'food related convenience' to product specifications, manufacturers look at emulsifiers for the providing the lower fat content percentage while maintaining sensory characteristics like texture, flavor and taste in convenience foods.
By region type the food emulsifiers market sees increasing consumption from North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The North American Consumer with their busy lifestyle consume more convenience foods. Mono & di-glyceride derivatives form the largest segment in North American food emulsifier market. The North American region has been totally driven by the U.S. market that account for nearly 74% share.
The major players in the food emulsifiers market are Danisco, Riken Vitamin, Cargill, and Palsgaard which together maximum market share, with Danisco holding the maximum market. The key strategy being adopted by these players is using the Mergers and Acquisitions. The major challenges the food emulsifier market sees is increasing usage of alternatives like enzymes which have similar stabilizing properties, and regulatory obligations that penalize unhealthy diets and demand for clean label specifying the additives used. The threat of new entrants is high with increasing private label offerings in food emulsifiers which are prized low. The future scope this market sees is new food processing techniques being developed , new product developments in functional foods, bakery and snacks sector with reduction in fat percentage will further increase the demand for food emulsifiers to meet the end consumer demand for nutrition filled convenience foods.
In this report we offer :
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the North America Food Emulsifier Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North America Food Emulsifier Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the North America Food Emulsifier Market.
2. To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03024430-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001