NEW YORK, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The North American infrared (IR) detector market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% through the forecast period from 2014 to 2019. The growth of the North America IR detector market is driven by factors such as rising security concerns and growth in the demand for 'contact-less temperature measurement' and 'motion sensing' in the consumer electronics application. In the overall IR detector market, the people and motion sensing application is estimated to lead the market in terms of demand and be the highest revenue generator.
In this report, the North American IR Detector market has been broadly classified into technologies, applications, and geographical regions. The different IR detector technologies detailed include mercury cadmium telluride (MCT), InGaAs, pyroelectric, thermopiles, and microbolometers. In the applications segment, the market for IR detectors in smart homes is projected to increase at a CAGR of 11.5% due to the rising security concerns.
IR detectors enable systems to interact with the outer world without touching it by measuring the radiation from objects around them. This report gives a detailed analysis of these detection technologies, along with the existing and emerging applications markets. The major application segments for IR detectors in North America are people and motion sensing, temperature sensor, fire and gas detection, spectroscopy, biomedical imaging, and smart homes.
There are a number of players in the North American region in the IR detector market which makes it highly competitive. As of 2014, top market players included Murata Manufacturing (Japan), Hamamatsu (Japan), FLIR (U.S.), Excelitas (U.S.), and Nicera (Japan). The two companies that dominated the IR Detector market in 2014 were Excelitas (U.S.) and Murata Manufacturing (Japan) accounting for a majority of the market share.
Along with the market data, you can also customize the MMM assessments in accordance with your company's specific needs get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Product Analysis:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Data from Manufacturing Firms:
- Fast turn-around analysis of manufacturing firms' responses to recent market events and trends
- Various firms' opinions about different applications where IR detectors can be used
- Qualitative inputs on macro-economic indicators, mergers & acquisitions in each geography
- Comparative Analysis:
- Market data and key developments of top companies
- Shipment/Volume Data:
- Tracking the value of components shipped annually in each geography
- Trend analysis of Application:
- Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio of each company, mapped in each geography
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02855321-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001