DUBLIN, Aug. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "North America PEEK Material Market - Focus on Application (Medical Devices: Non-Implant), Competitive Landscape, Regional Study (Three Countries), Type, and Form - Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The North America PEEK material market is anticipated to grow over $335.8 million by 2025
The North America PEEK material market is projected to grow with an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between the years 2018 and 2025, owing to the massive increase in the demand for PEEK material from consumer electronics and implants industry.
Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK) is one of the novel high-performance polymers renowned for its elite features such as enhanced mechanical strength, fatigue resistance, resistance to creep, biocompatibility, chemical resistance, resistance to radiation, and dimensional stability, among others. With its exceptional mechanical properties and high strength-to-weight ratio, the incorporation of PEEK material helps in overcoming difficulties pertaining to weight reduction, system downsizing, and performance, among others. For instance, the incorporation of PEEK for manufacturing transmission gearbox would result in 68.00% of weight reduction and consequentially 9.00% increase in efficiency.
Besides enhancing performance, the incorporation of PEEK also results in the reduction of noise by 50.00%. Further, a recent study indicated that replacement of aluminum wire and tubing clamps in an aircraft with PEEK would result in the annual fuel savings of worth $23,000 per aircraft. Besides resulting in weight reduction and enhanced performance, the incorporation of PEEK also provides enhanced dimensional stability which enables maintenance of accurate tolerance fits. Further, exceptional lubricating properties of PEEK have resulted in reduced wear and consequentially alleviated the high costs of replacement.
The U.S. is the leading contributor to the North America PEEK material market. In 2017, the contribution of the country was valued $150.1 million, which is anticipated to reach $282.0 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 8.20% in the forecast period 2018-2025. The massive demand for implantable medical grade PEEK has resulted in its dominating share in terms of revenue.
- The technological advancements in the field of composites, and the persistent aim to nullify dependency on fossil fuels have resulted in the development of high performance polymer solutions such as Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK), Polyether Sulfone (PES), Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), and Liquid Crystal Polymers (LCP), among others.
- The incorporation of PEEK is expected to significantly aid in dealing with difficulties pertaining to weight reduction, system downsizing, and performance, among others.
- The biocompatible properties of PEEK, such as naturally translucent, high chemical resistance, remarkable inertness, strength, and stiffness in congruence with bone structure, stability at high temperatures, and exceptional wear and abrasive resistance, among others, have enabled the development of medical implants.
- The North America PEEK material market has been witnessing a stable promising annual growth rate of approximately 2.00% since the past three years (2014-2017).
- Currently, the glass-based PEEK compounded resins are the leading contributors to the North America PEEK compounded resin market. In 2017, the contribution of glass-based PEEK compounded resins valued $48.6 million, which is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 8.33% in the forecast period 2018-2025.
- Medical grade PEEK products are currently the leading contributors to the North America PEEK material market. Owing to the high cost of medical grade PEEK products, their contribution was valued $67.1 million in 2017.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Report Scope & Methodology
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 North America PEEK Material Market Segmentation
1.4 Assumptions and Limitations
1.5 Data and Prediction Modelling
2 Market Overview
2.1 Global PEEK Material Market Overview
2.2 Global PEEK Material Market: Addressable Market and Future Forecast (2015-2025)
2.2.2 Aerospace and Automotive
2.3 Global PEEK based Medical Market 2015-2025
2.3.1 Implants and Active Implantable Devices
2.3.2 Medical Device (Non-Implant)
2.3.3 Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
2.4 Global PEEK Material Market by Type
2.4.2 Pure PEEK Resin
2.4.3 Compounded Resin
188.8.131.52 PTFE based
2.5 Global PEEK Material Market by Form
2.5.2 Pellets and Granules
2.5.3 Rods and Tubes
3 North America Market Dynamics
3.2 Impact Analysis
3.3 Market Drivers
3.4 Market Restraints
3.5 Market Opportunities
4 North America Industry Overview
4.1 Demand and Supply Analysis
4.1.1 U.S. Regional Consumption
4.1.2 Canada Regional Consumption
4.1.3 Mexico Regional Consumption
4.2 PEEK Manufacturers Analysis
4.2.1 Production Capacity/Supply
4.2.2 Key Customers
4.3 PEEK End-User Analysis
4.3.1 Medical Devices(Implants and Non-Implants)
4.3.2 Life Sciences and Pharmaceuticals
4.3.4 Medical OEMs and CMOs
4.4 PEEK Extrusion and Molding Companies
4.5 PEEK Machining Companies
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.6.1 Evonik Industries AG: Supply Chain Model
4.7 Value Chain Analysis
4.7.1 Victrex plc: Value Chain Analysis
5 North America Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Developments and Strategies Analysis
5.1.1 Product Launches and Enhancement
5.1.2 Merger and Acquisitions
5.1.3 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Joint Ventures
5.1.4 Awards and Recognitions
5.2 Competitive Scenario: PEEK Materials
5.2.1 Market Share Analysis by PEEK Manufacturers
5.2.2 Growth Share Matrix: PEEK Manufacturers
5.2.3 Competitive Competitors Index (CCI)
5.2.4 Competitive Scenario: PEEK Based Medical Devices
5.2.5 Market Attractiveness Analysis
5.2.6 Industry Attractiveness
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products
18.104.22.168 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6 North America Regulation and Patent Landscape
6.1 Patent Landscape
6.2 R&D Expenditure
6.3 Product Pipeline Analysis
6.4 Regulatory Bodies and Consortiums
7 Comparative Analysis
8 North America PEEK Material Market by Type
8.2 Pure PEEK Resin
8.3 Compounded Resin
8.3.3 PTFE based
9 North America PEEK Material Market by Form
9.3 Pellets and Granules
9.4 Rods and Tubes
10 North America PEEK Material Market by Medical Applications
10.2 Medical Devices (Non-Implants)
10.3 Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences Applications
11 North America PEEK Material Market by Country
12 Company Profiles
- Akro-Plastic GmbH
- Apollo Medical Extrusion Technologies
- Boedeker Plastics, Inc.
- Cadence Inc.
- Celanese Corporation
- Centroplast Engineering Plastics GmbH (Subsidiary of Centrotec Sustainable AG)
- CoorsTek Medical LLC
- Drake Plastics Ltd.
- Emco Industrial Plastics, Inc.
- Ensinger Holding Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Evonik Industries AG
- Goodfellow Cambridge Ltd.
- Greene, Tweed & Co., Inc.
- Omnia Plastica SpA
- Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- Quadrant group of companies (Subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation)
- Quantum Polymers Corporation
- R & B Plastics, Inc.
- RTP Company
- Sentinel Plastics Limited
- Solvay S.A.
- Victrex plc
- Zell-Metall Ges.m.b.H. Engineering Plastics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x3485g/north_america?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets