NEW YORK, March 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Strong growth is expected for the North American desalination plant market after a period of relative stagnation. Growing pressure on water resources, combined with recent droughts, drives the use of desalination for water supply. In the United States, California and Texas have developed long-term plans to improve water supply partially through the use of desalination. This study analyzes desalination plant market trends between 2013 and 2020. Revenue growth is shared between desalination equipment suppliers. A wide range of equipment manufacturers, system integrators, regulators, and other stakeholders have contributed to this research.
-The North American desalination plant market is set to experience strong growth by 2020, following a recent sluggish period in development.
- Growing pressure on water resources in parts of the southern United States, combined with the recent impact of droughts, will act as the main driver towards greater use of this technology. Although interest is focused on brackish water desalination, such pressures are set to stimulate interest in seawater and wastewater desalination.
- In the United States, California and Texas have long-range plans for the extensive development of desalination to provide better water supply security.
- Reflecting this expected growth, online desalination capacity is forecast to increase from million gallons per day (MGD) in 2013 to MGD by 2020. New capacity was MGD in 2013 but is expected to stand much higher at MGD in 2020.
- The online desalination market, comprising the design, engineering, procurement, and construction (DEPC); desalination technology; and operation and maintenance (O&M) segments, is valued at $ billion in 2013. By 2020, the value is set to stand at $ billion, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2013 to 2020.
- The market for new desalination plants is set to grow from $ million in 2013 to $ billion in 2020, at a CAGR of % from 2013 to 2020.
- The United States dominates the market, taking % of new capacity in 2013, and this share is forecast to rise to about % by 2020. Within the United States, most desalination takes place in Florida, California, and Texas.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the current position of the North American desalination plant market?
- Which sectors of the market are growing? How long will they continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the key drivers and restraints for the North American desalination plant market between 2013 and 2020?
- What are the key trends and technological developments?
- What are the main distribution channels and end-user markets for desalination plants in North America?
- What is the market's current competitive structure, and how will it change with time?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03693816-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001