RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- YILLIO, a North Carolina route-based startup, has partnered with the Greater Newark Convention and Visitors Bureau in advance of The Big Game this Sunday. Football fans and visitors traveling throughout the New Jersey and New York region can now search for and connect with local businesses along their routes.
"As the excitement continues to build for Super Sunday, football fans are starting to recognize the extra special flavor of having it in the New Jersey and New York City region," stated Michael Davidson, executive director of the Greater Newark Convention and Visitors Bureau. "Over 400,000 football fans are expected to attend game week activities, travelling to and from different events. Using YILLIO, fans will have a unique way to search for local restaurants, shopping, gas and other points of interests."
Using YILLIO's free app on iPhone or Android mobile devices, users are able to discover restaurants, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, and even find the cheapest gas on their commute to work, a weekend getaway, or traveling to and from the Big Game.
YILLIO's patented route-based search engine and social map uses location, navigation, and a variety of contextual inputs to match mobile users with relevant places, offers, discounts, and consumer shared information along plotted or contemplated routes. Merchants can sign up to participate without cost and can create a real-time advertising message for commuters and drivers before they pass them by.
"We are thrilled to launch YILLIO this week. This year's Big Game promises to be unlike any other and will serve as an incredible opportunity to build momentum," said Tully Ryan, co-founder and president of YILLIO. "Just the thought of providing fans, visitors, and merchants a new way to engage using our route-based search engine and social map is exciting, and doing it during this week makes it just a little bit more special."
How It Works
Things a user can do today with YILLIO:
- Plot a route
- Save a destination
- Search along a route plotted to saved destination
- Search along the entire route
- Search based on business categories
- User determines how far they are willing deviate off of the route to visit a business
- Results are based on user preferences
- See real time gas prices at over 175,000 gas stations nationwide
- YILLIO automatically highlights the cheapest gas along your route
- See real time messages from merchants
- Merchants have the option to offer specials, promotions and coupons
- Select merchants and add them as waypoints along the route for easy navigation
- If merchant offers a coupon, a user simply shows phone at checkout to save
- You don't need to plot a route to use YILLIO, in follow-me mode, user sees approaching merchants along your way
Delivering Value to Merchants
Brick-and-Mortar merchants are able to register and set-up business locations and post unlimited Marquee Messages for Free. Merchants using YILLIO's route-based marketing solutions are improving their mobile advertising relevancy and efficiencies.
YILLIO is route-based search engine and social map helping everyone discover, save and share favorite places and deals along their routes. In real-time, merchants share specials, promotions, coupons, events, and gas prices so everyone can see what's happening along the way and where they may want to stop. Underlying YILLIO is a sophisticated patented route-based social network that uses location, navigation and a variety of contextual inputs to match mobile consumers with relevant places, offers and discounts. For more information, go to www.yillio.com.