LONDON, June 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Northern Trust Global Investments (NTGI) Limited, the London-based subsidiary and multi-asset class investment management business of Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS), has named John Krieg as managing director for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
In this newly-created role, Krieg will lead the teams responsible for business development and client service, direct investment product management across NTGI's investment solutions, equity index and fixed income product lines.
"Since Northern Trust opened its investment management arm in London in 1996, our objective has been to deliver innovative products and tailored solutions that support our clients and their changing requirements," said Wayne Bowers, CEO of NTGI in EMEA and Asia-Pacific. "In this new role, John will bring extensive experience in product development and client service to bear in creating solutions that will position us well for future growth in the EMEA marketplace."
Krieg comes to the London-based position from Northern Trust's headquarters in Chicago, where he was head of global investment product management. Prior to joining Northern Trust in 2002, John was director of relationship management and fixed income products for TimesSquare Capital Management in New York. Previously he has held sales and relationship management positions with Credit Suisse Asset Management, Hewitt Associates and Towers Perrin.
Along with the 20 years of experience John brings, he also holds CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) designations as well an M.B.A. degree from DePaul University's Charles H Kellstadt Graduate School of Business.
NTGI is a multi-asset class investment manager offering a broad array of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions, including cash and fixed income, quantitative management, securities lending, transition management, fund of hedge funds and fund of private equity funds. It manages assets for corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, charities, central banks and other eligible professional investors. NTGI had US$647.3 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2010.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of March 31, 2010, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$3.7 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$647.3 billion. For 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com.
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
The Northern Trust Company, London Branch (reg. no. BR001960), Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (reg. no. 03929218) and Northern Trust Global Services Limited (reg. no. 04795756) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The material within and any linked material accessed via this communication is directed to eligible counterparties and professional clients only and should not be distributed to or relied upon by retail investors. For Asia Pacific markets, it is directed to institutional investors, expert investors and professional investors only and should not be relied upon by retail investors.
- Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Company (Guernsey) Limited and Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited are licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administrators (Jersey) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Jersey) Limited are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Financial Regulator.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Netherlands Branch which is authorised and regulated in the Netherlands by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Luxembourg Branch which is authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Luxembourg Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited operates in Abu Dhabi as a Representative Office, Licence number 13/238/2008 which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Canada as The Northern Trust Company, Canada Branch which is an authorized foreign bank branch under the Bank Act (Canada). Trustee related services in Canada are provided by the wholly owned subsidiary The Northern Trust Company, Canada, an authorized trust company under the Trust & Loans Companies Act (Canada). Deposits with The Northern Trust Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Australia as a foreign authorised deposit-taking institution (foreign ADI) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited is a securities company regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- The Northern Trust Company has a Singapore Branch which is a foreign wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in China as a Representative Office and is regulated by the China Banking Regulatory Commission.
- Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K. is regulated by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- Northern Trust Global Services Ltd (UK) Sweden Filial is Authorised by the Financial Services Authority and subject to regulation by the Finansinspektionen.
SOURCE Northern Trust Global Investments