SPRINGFIELD, Va., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Veteran Success Resource Group (VSRG) is excited to announce our upcoming Veteran Resource Expo and Access to Capital event in Springfield, VA on March 23, 2016 at the American Legion Post. The only organization of its kind, the VSRG brings to local Veteran communities a wide array of medium and large businesses, universities, government agencies and Veteran service organizations, all of which provide services or employment opportunities for Veterans and their families. We have learned that many Veterans struggle to connect with all of the resources in their local communities; the VSRG combats this issue by bringing together all of the resources necessary for personal and professional success. Click here for free attendee registration: http://bit.ly/1mXorNY
The biggest challenge facing Veterans and military families is not a lack of resources, but a lack of collaboration, coordination and follow-through. Utilizing a proof of concept that has already demonstrated success, Veteran entrepreneurs Scott Davidson and Justin Constantine provide highly-interactive and full-spectrum Veteran resource expo events that are free of charge to Veterans, family members and caregivers.
Dun & Bradstreet's Access to Capital Lender Matchmaking: VSRG is excited to partner with Dun & Bradstreet for this great event. D&B will host an Access to Capital session, bringing together Veteran Entrepreneurs with an array of small business lenders. The breakout session will begin with a panel of industry experts, followed by a spotlight presentation on the basics of business credit by Dun & Bradstreet. We will conclude with an opportunity for attendees to sit down with over 20 traditional and alternative small business lending institutions. Attendees will also have access to their free Dun & Bradstreet credit report to take with them during the 1:1 lender meetings. Details for this program are on the registration site.
In addition to the above, the following services and resource topics will also be available at the Veteran Resource Expo:
- Signature Roundtable Discussions with Industry Experts with topics such as:
- Setting-up your Veteran-Owned Business: Pitfalls and Best Practices with Gunjan Talati Esq of Thompson Hine LLP
- Government Contract Life Cycle of Government Contracting related to Administration, Finance and Accounting with Anthony Kim of Capital Edge Consulting
- Contingency Contracting: How to successfully compete in Overseas Government Contracting with Mike Phipps
- Business Startup and Growth Services
- Federal, State and City Government Tables for Matchmaking
- 9/11 GI Bill Schools and Education and Credential Counseling
- Pension and Disability Benefits Counseling from Veteran Organizations
- PTSD, TBI and Suicide Prevention Education
Please visit us at www.veteransuccessgroup.org and follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on all of our events benefitting the Veteran community. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Media contact: Isabella Edelman, 917-330-3069, email@example.com
SOURCE Veteran Success Resource Group