LEXINGTON, Ky., June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Classic dad activities like mowing the yard, playing catch and road tripping all have one thing in common - they wreak havoc on dear old Dad's health. Never one to worry about his appearance, Dad is probably oblivious to the damaging effects of the sun. Not to mention his sore back from years of pushing the mower and driving the family cross country. This Father's Day, help him out by booking a spa visit. He might not know he needs one, but after he's experienced a relaxing treatment, he'll be hooked.
"Father's Day is the perfect time to introduce men to the spa lifestyle," said International SPA Association President Lynne McNees. "You can learn everything from stress reduction techniques to healthy cooking at the spa. It's important to get your dad on the right track because studies show that by 2020, the top five diseases will all be stress related."
ISPA members have some special offerings to get dads feeling better than ever this June 20.
- Aspira Spa at The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, WI – Time Out for Dad package is a two-night stay with beer, steak and a body, scalp or foot massage. That will have Dad ready for a mountain biking excursion the next day. $599, Sunday-Thursday in June.
- Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NY – Dads stay free during June when sharing a room with another guest. Dads taking advantage of this offer will also receive a picture frame for memories and a plush Mohonk robe. Beginning at $410, Sunday-Thursday.
- Sir Spa, Chicago, IL – Deserving Dad lets you treat your dad with a 30-minute Tune-Up Massage followed by a 30-minute foot rub with a beer. What dad could resist all this for $75 in June?
- Skin Authority, available at spas nationwide – Protect your dad's skin when you purchase the Wrinkle Reversing Serum, you'll receive a free Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30, UVA-4 Stars. This sunscreen is one of the first to receive 4-stars through the FDA's rating system.
- The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, FL – Dad's Delight includes an 80-minute massage, pedicure and shave product, a 2.5 hour treatment for $305. Also, spend Father's Day at Oasis Beach Club with a beachside massage and cookout.
- Sundara Inn & Spa, Wisconsin Dells, WI – Tag along with Dad by purchasing a 50-minute treatment for him and receive 50 percent off a treatment of equal value for yourself. Included is a golf-themed gift for Dad. Offer is valid through June.
- Yelo Spa, New York, NY - Gentlemen's Facial and Yelo Reflexology Session gives Dad a customized facial along with a relaxing scalp and shoulder massage. Finish off with 30 minutes of reflexology on the feet, hands or ears. This 90-minute service is offered at $150.
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. More details are available on www.experienceispa.com.
CONTACT: Shelby Jones