BAGSVÆRD, Denmark, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Novo Nordisk announced today that data from 28 abstracts will be shared at the upcoming World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) World Congress in Orlando, FL, from July 24-28. The WFH Congress is the largest international meeting for the global bleeding disorders community.
The broad spectrum of data demonstrates exciting new advances in the area of hemophilia and establishes Novo Nordisk's commitment to driving innovation and research. The comprehensive program provides updates on Novo Nordisk's hemophilia pipeline, long-term efficacy of established treatments and insights into the psychosocial and functional impact of hemophilia on quality of life.
Following are key highlights that will be presented at the meeting:
Monday, July 25, 3:50 pm ET, Poster Presentation
- Recombinant factor XIII is safe and effective for prophylaxis in young children with congenital FXIII A-subunit deficiency: results from an international phase 3 trial (MP-M-200)
Tuesday, July 26, 3:30 pm ET, Poster Presentations
- Efficacy and safety of turoctocog alfa for prophylaxis and treatment of bleeding episodes in patients with severe hemophilia A: results from the guardian™2 trial (P-T-97)
- First report of safety and efficacy of a glycoPEGylated FVIII (N8-GP) in previously treated pediatric patients with severe hemophilia A - results from the international phase 3 pathfinder™5 trial (P-T-103)
- Psychosocial impact of mild to severe hemophilia B on affected adults and children: methods and demographics of the bridging hemophilia B experiences results and opportunities into solutions (B-HERO-S) study (PO-T-26)
Wednesday, July 27, 3:30 pm ET, Poster Presentation
- Bleeding characteristics of patients with congenital hemophilia and inhibitors: data from a postmarketing study of recombinant activated factor VII (SMART-7) (P-W-79)
"The presentation of 28 abstracts at WFH 2016 is unparalleled and a clear signal to the hemophilia community that Novo Nordisk is committed to finding solutions to improve the lives of people living with hemophilia worldwide," said Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, executive vice president and chief science officer of Novo Nordisk. "We look forward to the opportunity for scientific exchange at this important meeting."
The abstracts above are a sampling of the data that will be presented or published by Novo Nordisk. For a complete list of abstracts please visit: http://www.wfh.org/congress/2016_Abstracts
This press release contains forward-looking statements about investigational products currently in development by Novo Nordisk. As is expected, there is significant risk with drug development and there is no guarantee that future studies will reflect similar results as presented at WFH. For further information about the Novo Nordisk drug pipeline, visit http://www.novonordisk.us
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions: hemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. With U.S. headquarters in Plainsboro, N.J., Novo Nordisk Inc. has more than 5,000 employees in the United States. For more information, visit novonordisk.us or follow us on Twitter: @novonordiskus.
Peter Hugreffe Ankersen
NovoSeven®, Novoeight® and Tretten® are registered trademarks of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Guardian™, Mentor™ and PathFinder™ are trademarks of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Novo Nordisk is a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
All other trademarks, registered or unregistered, are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Novo Nordisk All rights reserved. USA16HDM01939 June 2016
SOURCE Novo Nordisk