Mike Gregoire of CA Technologies and Tom Georgens of NetApp Recognized
NEW YORK, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- More than 500 business and nonprofit leaders joined together on Thursday, October 3rd at NPower's 2013 Gala, An Evening of Powerful Connections. NPower helps nonprofits, schools and individuals build technology skills by harnessing the power of the tech community. The gala celebrates the social impact of this great work.
This year NPower honored newly appointed NPower Board Trustee, Mike Gregoire, CA Technologies Chief Executive Officer, for the company's support of NPower's Technology Service Corps – a program that helps young adults and veterans pursue STEM-related careers by providing free professional training, internships and job placement services. Each employed graduate of the program adds an estimated $1 million in value to society over the course of their lifetime.
NPower also honored NetApp and its President and Chief Executive Officer, Tom Georgens, for the value that the company's employee-driven culture brings to the community. Recognized as one of the world's best places to work, NetApp's culture is built on a shared set of values that encourages employees to give back to their surrounding communities, fuels innovation throughout the business, and creates an engaging environment where employees bring their passion and commitment to work each day.
"Mike and Tom are two extraordinary examples of business leaders truly committed to harnessing the power of their organizations for social good. We're pleased to recognize NetApp for delivering invaluable service to the community through its culture of workplace excellence, and CA Technologies for advancing STEM learning for young people from underserved communities," said Stephanie Cuskley, NPower's Chief Executive Officer. "It was a great evening and a wonderful celebration of the tech community coming together to give back."
"I am honored to be recognized by NPower for CA Technologies commitment to the development of future leaders in IT," said Gregoire. "Today, there are enough challenges to discourage even the most creative and talented students, so businesses must step in to help young people realize their untapped potential. We need to let these young adults and veterans, who are part of a generation defined and enabled by technology, know there is a place for them in this field. Through partnerships with organizations like NPower, and our support of their Technology Service Corps program, we aim to do just that."
"It's an honor to be recognized by NPower for the value that NetApp's excellence in the workplace brings to communities," said Georgens. "We view culture as a sustainable differentiator and aim to foster an environment that inspires employees to deliver success for our customers and partners while making the communities in which we work and live a better place. Part of improving our communities is a commitment to making sure that tomorrow's IT workforce has the tools and education today needed to be successful."
NPower also celebrated the achievements of its two signature programs, Technology Service Corps (TSC) and The Community Corps (TCC).
- TSC has helped more than 700 young adults and veterans get the tech and professional skills they need to pursue their dreams. TSC has locations in New York City and Dallas, where NPower launched its first veterans program in April of this year. Plans are underway to launch a second veterans program in the San Francisco Bay area in 2014.
- TCC connects nonprofits and schools to tech volunteers who are able to assist with community programs throughout the country and around the world. TCC has matched thousands of volunteers to nonprofits, with a large focus on the advancement of STEM education and fostering the development of women in technology.
In addition to the evening honorees, gala highlights also included:
- Peter Hancock, East U.S. Regional Leader, Technical Sales, Symantec was honored as the TSC Volunteer of the Year.
- Citi was honored as the TSC Pro Bono Team of the Year for its support of NPower's Dallas TSC veterans program.
- Bank of America was honored as the TCC Pro Bono Team of the Year for its support of youth and education.
- Kathi Saccullo, Vice President, New York Life, was honored as the TCC Volunteer of the Year for her support of programs encouraging young women to pursue STEM careers.
NPower's mission is to help nonprofits, schools and individuals build technology skills by harnessing the power of the tech community. Learn more about NPower at www.npower.org
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
NPower Sherienne Jackman Phone: 646-201-3472 Email: Sherienne.Jackman@npower.org
CA Technologies Kelley Schultz Phone: 646-826-6035 Email: Kelley.Schultz@ca.com
NetApp Ryan Lowry Phone: 408-822-7544 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org