SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- NQ Mobile, the international brand of NetQin Mobile, Inc. (NYSE: NQ), a leading provider of consumer-centric mobile security and productivity applications, today announced that it has integrated the BlueVia payment API from Telefonica, one of the largest telecommunications operators in the world, in order to offer a seamless mobile payment option to more than 200 million Telefonica subscribers across 8 markets. The integration of BlueVia is an extension of the framework agreement signed with Telefonica in 2011.
Starting in Spain, Germany and Argentina, from March 2012, the BlueVia APIs will enable NQ Mobile to access key network assets, and data, as well as marketing support and carrier integrated billing solutions through Telefonica.
James Parton, Head of BlueVia Marketing at Telefonica said, "We are delighted that NQ Mobile have partnered with BlueVia to increase functionality for their users and to boost revenue potential for their business, and look forward to developing the relationship with them."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security 6.0 detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats before a user even knows they exist. NQ Mobile Security 6.0 improves on earlier versions, which out-performed all competitive mobile security platforms in a West Coast Labs Comparative Test. With newly enhanced features including GPS-based anti-loss/theft feature, backup and restore tools for your contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, Telefonica users can rest assured their mobile information is safe and secure.
NQ Mobile Security features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can't be hacked and your personal calls can't be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: With Anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third party apps or viruses.
- Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
"We are very excited to be partnering with Telefonica in order to give mobile users around the world access to our award-winning mobile security solutions," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "Through tapping into Telefonica's BlueVia Developer platform, NQ Mobile will be able to provide our users with a seamless security solution for protecting their important mobile information, with the added convenience of trusted carrier billing integrated into our clients."
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile is the international brand of NetQin Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of consumer-centric mobile Internet services focusing on security and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider with over 120 million registered user accounts worldwide. As a market leader in mobile security, NQ Mobile's innovation and global significance have been widely recognized through distinctions such as the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award bestowed by the World Economic Forum. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NetQin Mobile Inc.