CLEVELAND, April 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Nutek, working with Cleveland Hopkins aircraft maintenance professionals put Nutek's Grime Off®, a powerful cleaning and degreasing solution, and Nutek's Green Carpet™ and Upholstery, a powerful fabric cleaner, to the test.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nutek-grime-offtm--green-carpettm-save-money-reduce-time-and-eliminate-toxicity-in-aircraft-cleaning-process-91555074.html
Focusing on the aircraft exterior, the Nutek team working with MRO professionals used three heavy duty Grime Off wipes, and a can of Nutek's new Grime Off foaming spray, to clean the aircraft landing gear. The new process using Grime Off was able to save maintenance workers 50% of their time, while eliminating toxic fumes and waste run off. The Grime Off benefits are three-fold:
- A normal wheel well and gear wash would consume approximately 48-60 man hours, by using the Grime Off® foam and wipes, technicians completed the same job in half the time, producing significant cost savings.
- The existing process requires the capture of waste water for proper environmental disposal; this is required by the EPA. The Grime Off process is non-toxic and water-less, thus the costs and procedures associated with disposing of the captured waste are eliminated.
- The reduction in workplace toxins assists aviation MRO establishments in meeting and exceeding OSHA workplace regulations.
Aircraft maintenance officials were impressed with the Grime Off® trial, "Normally, we cover up numerous cannon plugs, bearings, control cables and tires to protect them from high-pressure cleaning equipment and caustic corrosive cleaning materials," states a Cleveland Airport Aircraft Technician.
After the Grime Off® test was complete, the Nutek team turned their focus to the aircraft's interior. Nutek's Green Carpet™ upholstery and carpet cleaner was deployed to clean airplane seat upholstery and carpeting. One Green Carpet upholstery wipe used on a heavily soiled seat eliminated the need to remove the cover for external dry cleaning; indeed, spot cleaning on aircraft carpet significantly increases the life of the material. The Green Carpet benefits in the aircraft interior were three-fold:
- The current seat cleaning process involves changing out a dirty seat cover with a clean one, requiring a certain amount of manpower to identify the correct cover, attain it, and remove and replace the cover. By using a Green Carpet wipe, any airline employee could walk on the aircraft, wipe the stained cushion for a few seconds to remove the stain, and get off the aircraft.
- The costs savings associated with reducing the number of seat covers used, the costs of a third party dry cleaning the soiled covers and the shipping and restocking of covers are highly measurable.
- The ability to effectively spot clean aircraft carpet, with a product like Green Carpet, allows maintenance professionals to extend the life of the carpet without reducing its integrity. To replace a full ship set of carpet on a commercial airliner consumes approximately 30 man hours.
"To be able to clean a carpet, potentially numerous times could save time, tons of money and man-power," states Hopkins aircraft MRO experts. "We are impressed with how powerful the Nutek products are and yet how safe they are for our workers and passengers."
Cathy Horton, CEO of Nutek agrees: "While many maintenance formulas remain toxic and ineffective, Nutek is raising the bar by creating cleaning and lubricating solutions that outperform their competitors, reduce costs, eliminate waste and are environmentally sustainable."
The Nutek Grime Off and Green Carpet are sold direct and can be purchased by calling 1-888-NUTEK 4U or through their website at www.nutekgreen.com.
Launched in 2007, Nutek brings high-performance products to the market with a Smart Green™ focus. With 100% biodegradable formulations, superior performance and recyclable packaging, Nutek's innovations continue to provide safe alternatives to petroleum-based and environmentally-toxic competitors. Currently, Nutek's products are on the shelves of Home Depot, Ace Hardware, True Value, Kroger, Northern Tool and others. Visit www.NutekGreen.com for more information about Nutek's products and to order online. Introduced in December, 2009, Nutek's latest line of innovative products include a series of extra large, 100% biodegradable, high-performance wipes.