SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Now available on iPhone - "nu" is a social and news experience, which creates magazines dynamically and presents them in a unique flip through interface.
The San Francisco Bay Area startup Nuvus Software LLC launched "nu" last week, which presents News content, RSS feeds, personalized Social Media and Web content in the form of Magazines, which are simple, intuitive and fun. The App is available for free on the Apple App store and has recently been featured. The nu engine has access to almost every popular RSS Feed across the world. Individual RSS feeds are presented as feed magazines that the user can add or delete using the nu Magazine stand
"It was a challenge to design a News App for the small screen where the user focus is on content and not on navigation. nu launches as a social and news viewer and will later evolve to a comprehensive content consumption and distribution platform," said Prem Deb, founder and creator of nu.
Additionally users can create personalized magazines by simply tapping on any article and add it to her magazine. Instead of tweeting hundreds of links, a user can just publish her magazine and other users can follow users' magazine page at http://browse.nu/username on the web or by just adding the magazine from the magazine stand.
The interface is tightly integrated with social media. The app comes with built in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram magazines. Every article page on nu has a social panel for a single tap publish to Facebook, Twitter and email.
Nuvus , the company behind nu, has years of experience with news apps. The News One series of apps have been the #1 selling news app in Australia, Canada, UK and have been among the top ten news apps in US. With over half a million active users on its existing news apps, Nuvus used the experience and feedback to build the "nu" experience.
Other nu features include:
- Combo Feed magazines – Feed readers showing a collection of RSS feeds based on country and category. Users can select which news sources are shown in the magazines.
- Photo viewers, Quiz, Poll magazines – Special magazines which cater to a specific content type. Take a quiz or a poll or browse through pictures.
- Offline access – All nu magazine pages are stored locally on the app. So if the device goes offline, the content can be browsed offline.
- Integrated magazine stand– Browse, search and add magazines from various countries and topics. Magazine stand is dynamic and populated from server.
- And a lot more – HTML5 based web magazines for virtually any type of content, ranging from games to books. Such magazines can be pushed from server dynamically.
nu is available as a free download on the Apple app store. For more information on nu, including screenshots, demo video and media kit, please visit http://browse.nu
Nuvus is a mobile app development and consulting company based in Fremont, California. Founded in 2009, Nuvus has expertise in GeoLocation, Social Networking, Games and News apps. Founder, Prem Deb leads the team in innovating on the iOS and Android platform. For more information on Nuvus, visit http://www.nuvus.com