MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc., (NASDAQ: OMCL), has earned top honors in three categories in the 2016 Best in KLAS: Medical Equipment report, including the prestigious 2016 Best in KLAS Automated Dispensing Cabinet designation for its OmniRx® medication dispensing system. This award marks the 11th consecutive year that Omnicell has been recognized as the top vendor for Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets by KLAS, an independent healthcare research firm, which uses ratings from thousands of healthcare providers to determine the top-performing technology vendors.
In addition to the 2016 Best in KLAS achievement, Omnicell was showcased in the Notable Performance Section of the Report as the highest scoring pharmacy automation vendor in the Pharmacy Automation Equipment Rankings. The following Omnicell solutions also received top honors for Pharmacy Automation Equipment:
- WorkflowRx™ Carousel received the Category Leader distinction for the seventh year running for Pharmacy Automation: Medication Carousels. WorkflowRx Carousel increases productivity and reduces costs in the central pharmacy by providing greater control and tracking of medications, improved dispensing accuracy, and dynamic reordering of all pharmacy stock.
- ROBOT-Rx® was named Category Leader for Pharmacy Automation: Robots (Oral Solid). ROBOT-Rx is a robotic medication dispensing solution that increases efficiency and accuracy in the central pharmacy. Managing 90% or more of a hospital's daily medication volume, ROBOT-Rx helps to prevent medication errors, reduces pharmacy labor, and lowers medication inventory. This product was part of the recent acquisition of Aesynt and broadens Omnicell's pharmacy offerings. Omnicell's (Aesynt's) robotic solutions have been awarded Category Leader for 4 straight years.
Earlier in 2016 Omnicell was evaluated in another KLAS performance report, Pharmacy 2016: Are You Partnered to Reduce Costs? This report looked at the initiatives that hospital C-levels and pharmacy directors are implementing and vendors they are partnering with to position themselves for value-based care. Of those surveyed, 96% responded they would buy Omnicell automated dispensing cabinets again, 99% of respondents said Omnicell keeps all promises and 94% stated that Omnicell cabinets have needed functionality.
"We believe the latest Best in KLAS report once again demonstrates that Omnicell is the vendor of choice for hospitals and health systems," said Randall A. Lipps, founder, chairman, president and CEO of Omnicell. "Knowing that users of our products have expressed such confidence in Omnicell continuously inspires us to do even better for them by providing a superior customer experience."
"As healthcare continues to evolve, it is imperative that we seek innovation and constantly address the needs of a shifting market. The Best in KLAS and Category Leader winners are the ones making the greatest strides within their market segments," said Adam Gale, CEO and president of KLAS. "We also commend all the vendors who strive to improve their products and services in order to provide the best possible healthcare."
KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and counted. Working with thousands of healthcare executives and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment, and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends, and statistical overviews. The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving vendor performance. KLAS was founded in 1996, and their staff and advisory board average 25 years of healthcare information technology experience. Follow KLAS on Twitter at www.twitter.com/KLASresearch.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient's home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. The recent acquisition of Aesynt adds distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy and IV robotics, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
The Omnicell SureMed solution provides innovative medication adherence packaging to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. These medication adherence solutions are used by over 17,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom. These pharmacies are served via the Company's sales channels and our solutions enable them to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.