HAMILTON, Bermuda, April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: OB) will hold an investor information meeting on:
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
1:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
The W New York -- Union Square
The Great Ballroom
201 Park Avenue South (at 17th Street)
New York, NY 10003
Investors and other interested parties can participate either in person or via webcast.
Said Mike Miller, CEO of OneBeacon, "We look forward to discussing our business operations and results during our first investor day. Our senior leadership team will be available for a question and answer session following our presentation."
The OneBeacon meeting will follow White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd.'s investor information meeting that is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. that morning at the same location. A light luncheon will be served prior to the OneBeacon presentation.
About OneBeacon: OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "OB." OneBeacon's underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. The company's businesses include OneBeacon Professional Insurance, International Marine Underwriters, OneBeacon Accident Group, OneBeacon Entertainment, OneBeacon Energy Group, OneBeacon Government Risks, A.W.G. Dewar (tuition refund), collector cars and boats written through Hagerty Insurance Agency, OneBeacon Technology Insurance, OneBeacon Specialty Property, OneBeacon Property and Inland Marine and OneBeacon Excess and Surplus Lines. The company also offers products and services to assigned risk markets through its AutoOne division. OneBeacon's insurance businesses are national in scope.
To Attend Via Live Webcast:
Please follow these instructions to attend the meeting via live webcast. We recommend connecting ten minutes prior to the meeting.
1. Audio Instructions – If you plan to listen by phone, please call this number to access the audio portion of the meeting before you logon to view the online portion.
- U.S./international callers dial toll free: 800.901.5231
- When the operator answers the call, give the Passcode: 26538560
2. Online Instructions – If you plan to view or view and listen to the live slide presentation online:
- Establish your Internet connection and launch your Internet browser
- Type the following URL in the address section and press enter: www.onebeacon.com
- Click on the "Investor Relations" link on the navigation bar on the homepage; select "Webcasts & Presentations"
- On the Webcasts & Presentations page, click on the hyperlink "2011 Investor Meeting"
- When prompted, enter the following:
- Your full name and email address
- Your company name
- Your title or position (optional)
- Select your media option. Click on "Hear this presentation by telephone" to just view the slides online (and listen by phone), or Windows Media Player or Real Player to access the full webcast (live audio and slides) online
- You will now be connected to the online portion of the meeting
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to OneBeacon's:
- change in book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by OneBeacon in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including:
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, windstorms, earthquakes, floods, or terrorist attacks;
- recorded loss and loss adjustment expense reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and agents;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to OneBeacon, its competitors, its agents or its customers;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position including stock market volatility;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- the risks that are described from time to time in OneBeacon's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to OneBeacon's Annual Report on the Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 filed February 28, 2011.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by OneBeacon will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, OneBeacon or its business or operations. OneBeacon assumes no obligation to update publicly any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd.