CALABASAS, Calif., Jan. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- IBackup (www.ibackup.com), a leading online backup company, adds Microsoft SharePoint Server backup capability to its backup features.
IBackup for Windows now provides users with the ability to backup Microsoft SharePoint Server data to their IBackup account. It's a granular backup / restore function for Microsoft SharePoint Server and helps reduce costs, improves scalability and protects the data of the entire SharePoint Server. The online backup piece is easily configured through the graphical user interface and can be scheduled for future date and time.
"The ability to add Microsoft SharePoint Server backup capability was important to address online backup needs for small to medium sized enterprises, many of whom have had to rely on multiple services to do their regular file backups and database backups, but with IBackup's Microsoft SharePoint Server backup option, they now have a one stop option to do their online backups for the entire spectrum of data," says Raghu Kulkarni, CEO of Pro Softnet Corp.
Some features include granular backup of Microsoft SharePoint Server without interrupting running services, advanced scheduling options, email notifications, optional 256-bit proprietary encryption on storage and wire compression of data for optimal backup and restore times.
- Backup an entire site collection / Web application
- Backup a specific site inside a site collection including or excluding content in sub sites
- Backup a list or document libraries or even a folder inside a document library
- Restore site collections, individual sites, or individual documents, lists, ASPX pages, templates, contacts in minutes
- Restore SharePoint objects directly from a backup and avoids using a SharePoint recovery farm or rebuilding your entire production database
- Search and restore any documents and specific document versions
- Perform granular restore without using a SharePoint recovery farm
More details are available on http://www.ibackup.com/online-backup-sharepoint/
IBackup (www.ibackup.com), a service of Pro Softnet Corp., is one of the leading services in the field of online backup and combined with IDrive (www.idrive.com) and RemotePC (www.remotepc.com) offers comprehensive remote backup and remote access solutions. IBackup has received many accolades among which the latest was the best of the bunch as rated by PC World magazine and has in the past been the PC Magazine editor's choice pick and the PC Pro award winner.