CALABASAS, Calif., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- IBackup (www.ibackup.com)announces secure online data backup and disaster recovery solution for Schools and Education Institutions. Schools and Educational institutions depend upon on-demand data systems, from student records to professional research and content, to administrative applications and much more. Disaster recovery for these institutions implies protection of localized data pertaining to records, exams, or research.
"In general, conventional backup methods are outdated and limited in its scope of data protection, as it does not meet the requirements of educational organizations that may have offices in multiple departments and campuses with vital information. Loss of such localized data can prove to be disastrous and expensive," says Shweta S, COO of Pro Softnet Corp.
IBackup offers a reliable and cost effective solution. In fact, in the current economic climate with the ongoing budget cuts, schools are recognizing the advantages of having online backup solution to backup their critical digital information. Additionally the high startup and operational costs involved in building your own backup solution can be avoided by using IBackup.
We have observed an uptick in signups by schools and higher Institutions. Some of the Schools that have signed up for IBackup are San Mateo School District, Fulton County School district and BrookStone Schools
Main features of IBackup include:
- Disaster Recovery - a comprehensive Disaster Recovery (DR) and Hot Sites Solution. You can setup a full replica of critical data from one site onto another physical location that can scale.
- Multi-Year Archive - a flexible multi-year or any parameter based full copy of data for future use.
- Web-based access to your account - browser access including drag-n-drop, sharing and direct edit.
- Folders and Sub-Accounts - Sub-Accounts to map specific folders to individual accounts; can be used for data sharing with fine grained access control or for backing up multiple computers with data from each PC mapped to a specific Sub-Account.
- Backups across platforms and databases - Open file backup, Exchange Server, MS SQL Server and Oracle Server Database backups. You can backup data on the Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
More details are available on http://www.ibackup.com/online-backup-education/index.html
IBackup(www.ibackup.com) a service of Pro Softnet Corp., is one of the leading services in the field of online backup and combined with IDrive (www.idrive.com) and RemotePC (www.remotepc.com) offers comprehensive remote backup and remote access solutions. IBackup has received many accolades among which the latest was the best of the bunch as rated by PC World magazine and has in the past been the PC Magazine editor's choice pick and the PC Pro award winner.