BOCA RATON, Fla., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobility technology provider OpenPeak Inc. announced today it has been selected as one of the "Cool Vendors in Enterprise Mobility, 2012" by Gartner, Inc. The recognition comes just three months after the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show announcement that OpenPeak's cloud-based Advanced Device and Application Manager (ADAM) would begin to offer SANCTION™ device management system and SECTOR™ application and workspace management.
"We are proud and extremely honored to be recognized by Gartner for our approach to enterprise mobile device management," said OpenPeak CEO Dan Gittleman. "We've designed our system specifically to satisfy the needs of IT with simple and highly secure management of devices, corporate content and applications including email, calendar, contacts and web browser in a secure PIM. The platform works seamlessly across multiple platforms to allow management of corporate-owned or a personal iOS, Android or Windows Phone 7 devices while providing users with a great experience."
According to the report, "As more and more personal devices come into organizations through bring-your-own plans, in parallel with corporate-issued devices being multiplatform, the need for multiplatform mobile device management (MDM) increases." Adding to the challenge, mobile users demand broader access to corporate data beyond just email and personal information management (PIM) in order to work effectively and efficiently while on the road, from remote locations and after hours. To meet these demands, companies are looking for solutions that bundle security and compliance with the ability to segment and secure content and applications across multiple device platforms.
OpenPeak's ADAM product suite provides comprehensive mobile device and application management as a cloud hosted service. Via an easy web-based interface, ADAM allows corporate IT organizations to push and remove apps, offer a multi-tenant app store, set policies for passwords, configure VPNs, define device and application use policies, and lock or wipe a device remotely. When implemented as a complete MDM/MAM solution suite, the OpenPeak ADAM platform provides:
- Physical device management with complete user management, provisioning and support, including the ability to push audio or text notifications and provide remote support when needed;
- Policy-based management with configurable rules- and event-based control of on-device operations, based on time, location and network availability;
- Security management with the ability to force VPN use, remotely push certificates, VPN configurations and Wi-Fi SSID configurations, reset passwords, define password policies, and lock or fully wipe a device in the event it becomes lost, stolen or taken out of service.
- Business intelligence and service reporting with policy-driven reporting that provides device and application-based feedback, including installed apps, app and data usage, call history, network connectivity, and more.
- Software distribution of applications and content through the OPENSHOP secure in-house enterprise application store with the ability to remotely deploy, remove, install or update approved apps, and block or delete blacklisted apps.
- PIM application that provides a fully-integrated suite of enterprise productivity apps that includes email, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes running in a secure environment and fully managed via the ADAM portal and SECTOR policies.
To learn more about OpenPeak's enterprise MDM solutions, visit www.openpeak.com.
OpenPeak is a leading mobility technology provider. OpenPeak designs end-to-end managed systems and solutions that enable Enterprises, SMBs, and Education, Healthcare and service providers to provision and manage their customer's mobile devices and applications remotely. OpenPeak's Advanced Device and Application Management (ADAM) mobility management suite is comprised of three components: SANCTION, SECTOR, and OPENSHOP. Each component can be deployed individually to complement pre-existing device and network management configurations, or together as a complete end-to-end Device, Application, and Profile Management solution. For more information, visit www.openpeak.com.
OpenPeak, SANCTION, SECTOR, OPENSHOP and ADAM are trademarks of OpenPeak Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 Gartner "Cool Vendors in Enterprise Mobility, 2012" by Leif-Olof Wallin, John Girard, Phillip Redman, Nick Jones, David Mitchell Smith, April 13, 2012.
SOURCE OpenPeak Inc.