NEW YORK, Nov. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Opportunities in the North American Spirits Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by Countries in the Region
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05175902
Global spirits sector is forecast to record a CAGR of 8.7% during 2016-2021. North America had a value share of 15.6% in the global spirits sector in 2016, representing the third largest regional market. The region is expected to register a CAGR of 4%+ over the forecast period (2016-2021). Growth in the region will be driven by the rising consumption of tequila and rum amongst the young adult population, as opposed to conventional trends of whiskey.
Spirits sector is estimated to grow registering a projected CAGR of 4%+ during 2016-2021. In terms of volume, the North American market is forecast to record the second fastest CAGR of 2.9%, after Asia-Pacific, among all regions during 2016-2021. North America held the third highest per capita consumption of spirits at 6.3 liters, following Eastern Europe and Latin America in 2016. The region held the second highest per capita expenditure of approximately US$256 in 2016, after Western Europe's close to US$300 spend.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets represented the leading distribution channel in the North American spirits sector with a volume share of 44.5% in 2016, followed by food & drinks specialists which accounted for 22.4% share. Among the North American countries, the share of hypermarkets & supermarkets was the highest in the US at 47.8%, followed by Mexico. Food & drinks specialists emerged as the largest distribution channel in Canada with 43.2% share of total volume sales. On-trade accounted for 23.8% share of total spirits distribution in the region, attributable to the expanding foodservice sector.
Glass was the most commonly used package material in the North American spirits sector, accounting for a 76.9% share in 2016, followed by rigid plastics with 21.9% share. Screw top was the most commonly used closure type in the North American spirits sector, accounting for a share of 99.1% in 2016.
The report "Opportunities in the North American Spirits Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the North American spirits sector.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Market overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by markets.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of alcoholic beverages by markets across different countries in the North America region.
- Country analysis: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of three countries in North America based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in North American region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the spirits sector in 2016. It covers five distribution channels - Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, "Dollar Stores," Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers and Others that include Other Retailers, Cash and Carries & Warehouse Clubs
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various package materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of spirits.
Companies mentioned in this report: SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED., Pernod Ricard SA, Bacardi Limited, Sazerac Company, Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., Grupo Cuervo, Constellation Brands Inc, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the North American Spirits sector.
It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of Spirits by markets across the key countries in the North American region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 2 high potential countries in the North American region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 2 high potential countries covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the North American region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for Spirits across the key countries in the North American region, in 2016. It covers these distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, dollar stores, which include variety stores & general merchandisers and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of Spirits.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05175902
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001