NEW YORK, May 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OpportunityAnalyzer: Bladder Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
The bladder cancer market has remained largely unchanged in the past 10-20 years. However, significant expansion is expected starting in 2016, with the introduction of several new therapies that are projected to fuel market growth. In addition, bladder cancer has a robust early-stage pipeline that will contribute to market growth beyond the forecast period of 2012-2017. Currently, the bladder cancer market is dominated by generic chemotherapy and immunotherapy. Though initially effective, toxicity and lack of clinical efficacy in improving overall survival have left the door open for more tolerable and effective drugs to be developed. In the past, bladder cancer has not been an area of focus for pharmaceutical companies, but that is rapidly changing as more companies focus on the bladder cancer market, recognizing the high level of unmet need and relatively clear regulatory path. During the forecast period, the market landscape will begin to change dramatically with the introduction of targeted immunotherapies. These drugs will provide much-needed alternatives to bladder cancer patients who have not benefitted from traditional treatments.
Key Questions Answered
- The bladder cancer market is poised to undergo rapid expansion during the forecast period and beyond. What are the main drivers of this expansion? What are the main barriers that could dampen this expansion?
- The bladder cancer market is plagued by the presence of high unmet needs not addressed by current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the bladder cancer market?
- The current bladder cancer market is highly generic. How will the introduction of targeted immunotherapies, including the much-anticipated PD-1/PD-L1 class of immune checkpoint inhibitors, change the market landscape?
- The main driver of the rapid expansion of the bladder market will be the launch of several highly anticipated drugs into the market starting in 2016.
- The second largest driver will be the forecast increase in number of incident cases in bladder cancer.
- To gain approval, it is essential for companies to demonstrate efficacy in delaying recurrence, but not necessarily improvement in overall survival. Thus, the bar for approval in bladder cancer is low.
- In the future, companies will have to differentiate their drugs from others in the same class in order to successfully compete for patient share.
- The number of pipeline agents being developed by small to mid-sized companies represents an opportunity for large pharma to enter this highly lucrative market through licensing and marketing partnerships.
- Overview of bladder cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized bladder cancer therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for 5 years to 2017.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the bladder cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global bladder cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global bladder cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global bladder cancer therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global bladder cancer therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03716477-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opportunityanalyzer-bladder-cancer---opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2017-300263264.html