NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease affecting the nervous system . While myasthenia gravis is a rare disease, it is considered to be the most common neuromuscular disorder and presents itself as a weakness of the muscles. In the majority of patients the disease is initially localized and limited to the eye muscles causing a drooping of the eyelid and double vision. The majority of patients progress to a more severe and generalized form, where the disease spreads to other muscles such as bulbar, limb, and respiratory muscles. Weakness of the respiratory muscles can lead to shortness of breath or in more severe cases it can lead to the patients requiring assisted ventilation. A worsening of myasthenia gravis of this sort is referred to as myasthenia crisis and is a life threatening condition, which typically occurs within the first two years after myasthenia gravis onset.
Key Questions Answered
- The myasthenia gravis market has been dominated by short and long-term-immunosuporessants and acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in the last decades. New classes of drugs are anticipated the reach the market within the forecast period. How will these drugs change the myasthenia gravis market? What impact will they have on the market size?
- The current late stage myasthenia gravis pipeline is dominated by monoclonal antibodies. Which monoclonal antibody will have the biggest impact on the market? What strategies are developers undertaking to penetrate this highly generic market? Will the new drugs fulfil any unmet needs?
- Population aging is occurring in almost all countries worldwide, particularly in the 7MM. This is expected to have a significant impact on the prevalence of myasthenia gravis. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
- The main driver of growth in the myasthenia gravis market will be the introduction of monoclonal antibodies over the forecast period. The increase in prevalence will support the market growth and a high level of unmet needs will insure that the market remains interesting in the future.
- The biggest barrier for growth in the myasthenia gravis market are anticipated difficulties for the reimbursement of monoclonal antibodies. Furthermore, the myasthenia gravis market is dominated by generics and off-label drugs, limiting treatment cost for patients who have an acceptable level of disease control.
- The largest unmet needs in myasthenia gravis is a targeted, steroid sparing therapy. Approximately 10% of patients are currently treatment refractory and urgently need new treatment options. Patients currently treated with steroids also would benefit from treatment regimen additions.
- Overview of myasthenia gravis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized myasthenia gravis a market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the myastenia gravis therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the late-stage pipeline myasthenia gravis drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global myasthenia gravisa therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global myasthenia gravis therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global myasthenia gravis therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global myasthenia gravis therapeutics market from 2014-2024.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03267660-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker reviews, finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001