LONDON, March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The technology which utilizes the physical properties of light by modulating a light signal with voice or data and sends it through a fiber by the virtue of Total Internal Reflection (TIR) is referred to as optical fiber technology. The growing demands for increase in the speeds of data transfer over a network with minimum data losses has spurred the need for implementations of fiber cables. The losses in copper wire data transmissions had researchers constantly put on a task to look out for a more efficient method to transmit data.
Today, the fiber cables are used to transmit video along with voice and data. The installation of fiber cables in the initial stages was a bit tedious task but with growing awareness and skilled labor have made implementations quite easier. Increasing deployments of data centers in various parts of the world has significantly led to the rise in usage of optical fiber communications. Upcoming technologies where data is transferred in real-time require high bandwidth medium for propagation. High bandwidth requirements are fulfilled by the optical fiber cables.
The global optical fiber market is segmented based on types as: step indexed optical fiber and graded indexed optical fiber. On the basis of end-user optical fiber market can be further divided into Broadcast, IT & Telecom, and Industrial, Defense, Medical and Others.
The global optical fiber market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period 2016 – 2025 and accounts for US$ 27.88 Bn in the year 2025. One of the prime factors that are driving the demands for optical fiber cables is the growing needs for fast and improved networking and network services and growing penetration of broadband connections among developed and developing countries. Governments of various countries worldwide have laid their stress on the reach of high speed internet services in urban and rural areas of their countries. A fiber optic cable ensures maximum reach out of services with very less attenuations, higher bandwidths and greater reliability over longer distances as a result of which three has been a meteoric rise in its implementations in various corners of the globe.
The growth of upcoming technologies, more popularly referred to as SMAC (Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud) demands for higher bandwidth cables. The capabilities of existing legacy copper wire cables does not match with the requirements of these technologies. As the amount and speed of transfer of data over the copper wire cables seemed to be very limited and incapable of serving the ever increasing data transmission demands, there has been a need for replacing these cables with better suited alternatives that remain cost effective as well as performance effective.
The key players profiled in the report are Corning Inc., Prysmian SpA, Yangtze Optical Fiber and Cable Co Ltd, Fujikura Limited, Sterlite Technologies, Finolex Cable Limited, OFS Fitel, LLC, Alcatel Lucent, Broadcom Limited and Amphenol Corporation.
Reasons to buy
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies
- Highlights key optical fiber solutions thereby allowing organizations to gain revenues by focusing majorly on select products
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the optical fiber systems market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long term strategies
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution
- Examine the current and future impact of the five forces namely: bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitutes, threat of new entrants and degree of competition
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4778722/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optical-fiber-market-to-2025-global-analysis-and-forecasts-by-types-and-end-user-300431482.html