FREMONT, Calif., Aug. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Optoma, a world leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today is launching its HD27 1080p home theater projector, improving upon its impressive Optoma HD26, a top-two selling 1080p projector in the U.S. market behind the top selling Optoma HD141X.* With new color modes to accurately reproduce colors as they were created, improved lamp life and a smaller form factor, the all-digital Optoma HD27 delivers an incredible high definition picture for the discerning home cinema and theater enthusiast.
Brilliant color is critical to a quality picture, and with the addition of sRGB and rec.709 color mode, the Optoma HD27 reproduces accurate colors for PC, Mac and HDTV broadcast content and color spaces – ensuring true and vibrant colors. In addition, lamp life has been improved to deliver up to 8,000 hours, a new and advanced optical lens ensures even sharper and crisper images. Its new and smaller form factor with a rear I/O panel makes adopting projection into a home even easier.
Features of the Optoma HD27 include:
- Accurate, rich colors: with new Rec.709 and sRGB color modes, the Optoma HD27 can deliver true and accurate colors for any content
- Incredible contrast: an impressive 25,000:1: contrast ratio translates to bright whites, popping colors and dark, detailed blacks in any picture
- 1080p resolution: high-definition resolution means incredible picture detail for movies, games and more
- Brightness: with 3,200 lumens of brightness, the HD27 can be used in rooms with moderate ambient light, and can light up larger home screens or walls
- Integrated sound: featuring a 10-watt speaker for integrated audio/video, its designed for plug-and-play use
- All digital: with two HMDI ports, a 3D vesa sync port for 3D readiness, and MHL readiness, the Optoma H27 is a perfect choice for today's digital consumer
- Wireless compatibility: the HD27 is compatible with several wireless devices such as Chromecast and Amazon fire stick providing a USB port for power, as well as MHL compatibility for those built in this feature like the Optoma HDCast Pro, Roku® Streaming Stick and smart phones to play music, movies and TV and view pictures
"On the heels of announcing the improved HD142X, the top selling 1080p model on the market, we're excited that we can bring more upgrades to yet another top-selling high-definition home theater projector with the HD27," said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. "As more and more millennials are replacing TVs for the flexibility and large image size of projectors, Optoma is delivering two new projectors that deliver the some of the best images out there, for a fraction of the price of HDTVs and competing high-definition projectors. We remain committed to bringing projectors into more homes, and the release of the HD27 and HD142X are designed to do just this."
Optoma HD27 is available for purchase online for $649 (estimated street price) from Amazon, B&H Photo, Beach Camera and Best Buy. For more information, please visit www.optomausa.com.
About Optoma Technology
Optoma Technology is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning video and audio products for home entertainment and theater, ProAV and business. With a focus on premium quality and functional style, products are designed with the end-user experience in mind. Optoma and NuForce products deliver stunning crystal clear images and exceptional sound with ultimate reliability. Optoma Technology is part of The Optoma Group, which has continental headquarters in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.optomausa.com.
*PMA Research, U.S. Retail Tracking Report, January 2015 - May 2016
Contact: Casey Walters
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optoma-launches-hd27-1080p-home-theater-projector-improving-its-top-selling-high-definition-projector-line-up-300316786.html
SOURCE Optoma Technology