SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global oral care market size is expected to reach USD 49.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. The growing awareness among people regarding oral hygiene and the increasing incidence of dental caries has led to the high growth of the market. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that 2.3 billion people suffer from caries of permanent teeth. An unhealthy diet (particularly high in sugar) is one of the major factors contributing to the rise in the number of dental caries at the global level. Brushing teeth using a toothbrush and fluoride-containing toothpaste can prevent dental caries to a significant extent, creating demand for these products.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By product, the toothbrush segment dominated the market in 2020 and is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period due to the availability of a wide range of innovative designs, such as electric and battery-powered toothbrushes
- The toothpaste product segment held the second-largest share in 2020 due to the increase in the number of people using different forms of toothpaste
- Asia Pacific held the largest share in 2020 and is projected to be the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast period. This is due to the rising awareness about oral health among the people of developing countries, such as India and China
- Manufacturers coming up with innovative and easy-to-use oral care products has increased the usage of these products at home, making home the largest and fastest-growing segment
Read 128 page research report with ToC on "Oral Care Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Toothbrush, Toothpaste), By Product Type (Countertop, Cordless), By Application (Home, Dentistry), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/oral-care-market
Various awareness programs initiated by major players have led to increased awareness about dental hygiene among the people of both developed as well as developing regions. For instance, Colgate-Palmolive Company's BRIGHT SMILES, BRIGHT FUTURES program has been proactively involved in spreading oral health education and providing dental screenings, and over one billion children and their families in 80 countries benefited from it. In 2018-19 alone, it reached over 11.5 million children in India. Thus, such initiatives have played a key role in creating awareness among consumers at the global level about the importance of dental hygiene.
New product development is another significant factor influencing the demand for the products. Innovative products such as powered toothbrushes have revolutionized the toothbrush market. In November 2019, a leading player, Procter & Gamble launched "Tooth Fairy in a Box." It includes an Oral-B electric toothbrush, Crest toothpaste, and playful items that help parents encourage children to embrace dental hygiene. The availability of different denture care products and dental accessories is also contributing to the growth of the market.
Most of the dental services were shut down at the global level during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, more number of dental practices are reopening, however, consumers are opting for home dental remedies due to potential risk. Leading personal care companies such as Procter & Gamble; Colgate-Palmolive Company; and Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. witnessed growth in their sales, especially from the oral care segment as consumers' focus toward hygiene grew.
Grand View Research has segmented the global oral care market on the basis of product, product type, application, and region:
- Oral Care Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Electric (rechargeable)
- Battery-powered (non-rechargeable)
- Denture Products
- Dental Accessories
- Cosmetic Whitening Products
- Fresh Breath Dental Chewing Gum
- Tongue Scrapers
- Fresh Breath Strips
- Oral Care Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Oral Care Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Oral Care Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Oral Care Market
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Dr. Fresh, LLC
- Lion Corporation
- Sunstar Suisse S.A.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Intragastric Balloons Market – Global intragastric balloons market size was valued at USD 14.9 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.9% from 2021 to 2028.
- Craniomaxillofacial Devices Market – Global craniomaxillofacial devices market size was valued at USD 1.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.0% over the forecast period.
- Healthcare Additive Manufacturing Market – Global healthcare additive manufacturing market size was valued at USD 1.34 billion in 2020 and is estimated to register a rapid compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.8%.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.