RARITAN, N.J., July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (OCD) today announced the presentation of data for five assays under development. The assays address a range of important tests for clinical labs including HIV, acute kidney injury and cardiac troponin I. The scientific posters will be delivered during the 2015 American Association for Clinical Chemistry Annual Meeting to be held July 26 - 30 in Atlanta, Georgia.
"Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is emerging stronger than ever since becoming a stand-alone company, and we look forward to sharing some of the tremendous scientific progress the company has made in developing a wide range of new assays," said Ted Farrell, Vice President Business Fields-Assays, Commercial Marketing at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. "These assays reflect our commitment to provide our customers with new products, while helping them to run their labs more efficiently."
The posters presented at the conference are:
- Performance of an HIV Combo Assay
- Poster Session: Wednesday, July 29 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM – Infectious Disease (B-076)
- Presenter: Paul Contestable, Principal Scientist, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Performance of an Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) Assay
- Poster Session: Wednesday, July 29 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM – Electrolytes/Blood Gas/Metabolites (B-053)
- Presenter: Godwin Ogbonna, Principal Scientist, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Development of an Enhanced Chemiluminescent High Sensitivity Troponin I Assay
- Poster Session: Wednesday, July 29 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM – Cardiac Markers (B-025)
- Presenter: Sheryl Sullivan, Principal Scientist, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Evaluation of Urine Performance on a Cl- Slide Assay
- Poster Session: Wednesday, July 29 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM – Electrolytes/Blood Gas/Metabolites (B-044)
- Presenter: Sue Danielson, Research Fellow, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Performance Evaluation of a Prototype Insulin Assay
- Poster Session: Tuesday, July 28 - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM - Endocrinology / Hormones (A-083)
- Presenter: Holly Groth, Staff Scientist, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
About Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. delivers high-quality in vitro diagnostic products that give healthcare professionals around the world the knowledge they need to make better treatment decisions sooner. The company serves the global transfusion medicine community with donor screening and blood typing products to help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics also brings sophisticated information management, testing technologies and automation and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories worldwide to help them run more efficiently and improve patient care. For more information, visit www.orthoclinical.com.
Green Room Communications
© Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. 2015 PR1596
SOURCE Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.