MONTREAL, Oct. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ - Orthogone Technologies, a provider of industry-leading semiconductor IP and electronic product design services, today announced the availability of their ultra-high-performance Ethernet MAC and PCS IP Core products for use on FPGA, ASIC and ASSP devices. This first product release delivers unmatched performances in terms of resource utilization, gate count, and latency for 1-, 10-, 25-, 40- and 100-Gbps Ethernet MAC & PCS solutions. It includes a rich set of features making it a top choice for a large range of applications such as:
- Data Centers
- High Frequency Trading
- Low-Latency Switches
- QoS-Based Packet Processing
- Test and Monitoring Equipment
The cores offer best-in-class performances in all categories and include some unique differentiators:
- 10 X improvement in gate count and resource utilization performances
- 38.4 ns round-trip latency for MAC and PCS at 10-Gbps*
- Unified code solution supporting multiple rates, 1-, 10-, 25-, 40- and 100-Gbps
- Fully integrated MAC and PCS solutions
- High timing margin of > 20% on mid-speed grade FPGA devices
- Ultra-low gate count channelized multi-port 1G / 10G MAC option (2, 4, 8, 16 ports)
- High scalability and flexibility where same code and documentation is valid for all rates
- Fully configurable statistics vector and collector on MAC and PCS
Ethernet is the most broadly deployed networking technology in the world. "This is a significant achievement. The degree to which these IP cores improve performances while vastly reducing latency and resource utilization, demonstrates that our engineers are among the world's foremost FPGA/ASIC design experts" said Alexandre Raymond, senior vice president of product development at Orthogone Technologies. "I think our customers will be pleased to know that we plan to release more innovative IP core products while continuing to offer our custom design and implementation support."
All Orthogone IP cores are plug-and-play and are designed to support FPGA devices from Altera and Xilinx as well as ASIC and ASSP.
Availability & Resources
The IP cores are currently provided under Orthogone's early access program and will be fully supported and released to the open market in Q1 2016. Comprehensive product documentation including datasheets, software user guides and performances are available now. Contact [email protected] for more information.
* 28nm FPGA platform, lowest speed grade
About Orthogone Technologies
Orthogone offers a range of electronic design services including FPGA/ASIC design, PCB design, software development and full turnkey electronic product development.
Orthogone Technologies provides ultra-high-performance FPGA/ASIC IP cores used in data centers and networking & communication equipment. The company's IP (Intellectual Property) portfolio includes ultra-low latency and very low gate count Ethernet MAC and PCS solutions operating at 1, 10, 25, 40 and 100-Gbps. Developed by teams of expert FPGA/ASIC designers, Orthogone IP products undergo extensive verification and compliance testing.
SOURCE Orthogone Technologies Inc.