DUBLIN, Feb 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Osteoarthritis Forecast in 12 Major Markets 2016-2026" report to their offering.
Osteoarthritis (OA), also known as degenerative joint disease / degenerative arthritis, is an inflammation of the articular cartilage and sub-chondral bone. OA is actually a collection of diseases rather than one disease per se: can be primary (chronic degenerative disorder related to but not caused by age, with a strong genetic linkage - reports of - 60%) or secondary (caused by injury, infection / inflammation and as a consequence of other chronic diseases).
This report provides the current prevalent population for Osteoarthritis across 12 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Russian Federation, Canada, Brazil, Japan, India and China) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
There are a number of conditions that co-occur with OA including:
- Congenital joint abnormalities (Marfan syndrome)
- Metabolic defects (eg, hemochromatosis, Wilson disease)
- Infections (causing post infectious arthritis)
- Endocrine and neuropathic diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Reasons to Buy:
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Osteoarthritis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Osteoarthritis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Osteoarthritis's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Osteoarthritis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Osteoarthritis patients.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Cause of the Disease
3. Risk Factors & Prevention
4. Diagnosis of the Disease
5. Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
6. Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
7. Key comorbid conditions/Features associated with the disease
8. Methodology for quantification of patient numbers
9. Top-line prevalence for Osteoarthritis
10. Symptomatic OA patients
11. HIP Osteoarthritis
12. Knee Osteoarthritis
13. Joint replacement in OA
14. Abbreviations used in the report
15. Patient-Based Offering
16. Online Pricing Data and Platforms
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zgntcz/osteoarthritis
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/osteoarthritis---forecast-in-12-major-markets-2016-2026---overview-of-risk-factors-disease-diagnosis--prognosis---research-and-markets-300402515.html
SOURCE Research and Markets