NEW YORK, Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM), operator of financial markets for 10,000 U.S. and global securities, and CrowdFund Beat, a news and information source for the crowdfunding market, today announced they will co-host a Regulation A+ Bootcamp on November 10 at OTC Markets Group's headquarters in New York City.
The one-day workshop will provide startup companies and entrepreneurs with expert guidance on how to raise capital under Title IV of the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act, also known as "Regulation A+," which allows small companies to raise up to $50 million annually in crowdfunded offerings from accredited and unaccredited investors. Speakers will include legal, accounting and other crowdfunding industry experts, including:
- Kim Wales, Founder and CEO of Wales Capital, who will provide an overview of the state of the Reg A+ market
- Doug Ellenoff, Partner at Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP, who will discuss legal considerations involved in a Reg A+ offering
- Ron Miller, CEO of StartEngine Crowdfunding, Inc., and Darren Marble, CEO of CrowdfundX, who will discuss equity crowdfunding portals and marketing an offering
- Craig Denlinger, Managing Partner of Artesian CPA and CrowdfundCPA.com, and attorney Mark Roderick of Flaster Greenberg PC who will provide an overview of the numbers, valuation and legal structure to be considered in a Reg A+ filing
- Scott Purcell, Founder and CEO of FundAmerica, LLC, who will talk about the escrow process
- Crowdfunding industry expert Dr. Richard Swart, Chief Strategy Officer of NextGen Crowdfunding, who will address how Reg A+ has evolved
- Attorneys Seth Farbman and Yoel Goldfeder of VStock Transfer, LLC who will discuss selecting a transfer agent and depositing shares into brokerage accounts
- Jason Paltrowitz, Executive Vice President of OTC Markets Group, who will discuss investor considerations and how and where a company's Reg A+ securities can become publicly traded.
The event will conclude with a group discussion and question-and-answer session with Jonathan Frutkin of The Frutkin Law Group, Sam Guzik of Guzik & Associates, Brian Korn of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, Blaine McLaughlin of VIA Folio™, a division of FOLIOfn Investments, Inc., and Jonathan Wilson of Taylor English Duma LLP.
Attendees will be able to ask questions and schedule one-on-one meetings with the speakers.
"It has been over a year since Reg A+ became effective, yet still there are questions about how it works and what is needed to make a Reg A+ offering successful," said Jason Paltrowitz, Executive Vice President of Corporate Services at OTC Markets Group. "Our boot camp is designed to answer some of those questions and provide small businesses and entrepreneurs with step-by-step instructions on how to conduct a Reg A+ offering and take their company public. We are thrilled to partner with CrowdFund Beat on this initiative and look forward to an exciting event."
"What's most important is we have data over the past year on Reg A+ that will be shared by the conference's panel who are the who's who of the crowdfunding industry. This boot camp is really about trends and where things are going forward," said Sydney Armani, Publisher of CrowdFundbeat.com.
To register for the event or for more information, visit http://www.regapluslist.com/.
About OTC Markets Group Inc.
OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates the OTCQX® Best Market, the OTCQB® Venture Market, and the Pink® Open Market for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. Through OTC Link® ATS, we connect a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services. We enable investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice and empower companies to improve the quality of information available for investors.
To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient markets, visit www.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and SEC regulated ATS.
About CrowdFund Beat
CrowdFund Beat is the Crowdfunding Industry's go-to source of Smart Content for all news and trends Crowdfunding related. With an extensive online video library, CrowdFund Beat is the Worldwide source of information. The company also produces two marquee Industry Conferences: The Silicon Valley Fintech Conference in Silicon Valley and The Fourth Annual Conference and Workshop, held at the National Press Club in Washington. This year CrowdFund Beat is commissioning a robust written and Video Report of where the Industry is heading called 2020 Outlook Crowdfunding Industry Report, to be Published in January, 2017.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/otc-markets-group-and-crowdfund-beat-to-host-regulation-a-bootcamp-in-new-york-city-300351843.html
SOURCE OTC Markets Group Inc.