NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM), operator of financial marketplaces for 10,000 U.S. and global securities, today announced the third quarter 2014 performance of the OTCM ADR Index (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCDR; Thomson: DFCDR) and the OTCM QX ADR 30 Index ("OTCQX30") (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCQX30; Thomson: DGCQX), powered by BNY Mellon DR IndicesSM.
The OTCM ADR Index, which tracks the performance of more than 600 of the largest, most actively-traded American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs") on the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® marketplaces, fell 6.97% in the third quarter. This compares to the MSCI EAFE Index which fell 6.39% in the third quarter.
The top most actively traded component ADR by dollar volume during the quarter was Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY), which trades on OTCQX, the best marketplace with established global and growth companies.
The OTCQX30 Index, which launched on April 9 and is comprised of the 30 largest ADRs traded on OTCQX, declined 9.53% in the third quarter compared to a 3.43% gain in the second quarter.
"Our OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX30 Index provide valuable benchmarks for investors tracking the largest multinational companies traded in the U.S. market and looking for opportunities to invest globally," said R. Cromwell Coulson, President and CEO of OTC Markets Group.
Third Quarter 2014 Highlights:
- The OTCM ADR Index declined 6.97% in the third quarter compared to a 4.23% gain in the prior quarter. The index was down 3.15% year-to-date through September 30, 2014.
- The more than 600 ADRs within the OTCM ADR Index traded $31.7 billion in the third quarter, slightly up from the $30 billion traded in the second quarter and above the prior year quarter of $25.6 billion.
- The top 10 most actively traded component ADRs by dollar volume during the quarter were led by Switzerland's Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY) followed by Japan's SOFTBANK Corp. (OTC Pink: SFTBY), Nestle S.A. (OTC Pink: NSRGY) from Switzerland, Japan's Tokyo Electron Ltd. (OTC Pink: TOELY), Siemens AG (OTC Pink: SIEGY) from Germany, Tesco PLC (OTC Pink: TSCDY) from the United Kingdom, Russia's Gazprom OAO (OTC Pink: OGZPY), BG Group PLC (OTCQX: BRGYY) from the United Kingdom, Switzerland's Glencore PLC (OTC Pink: GLNCY), and Germany's Bayer A.G. (OTC Pink: BAYRY).
- Eight new companies were added to the OTCM ADR Index during the quarter: Kroton Educacional S.A. (OTCQX: KROTY) from Brazil, which trades on OTCQX; and Ashtead Group PLC (OTC Pink: ASHTY) from the United Kingdom, Galp Energia S.A. (OTC Pink: GLPEY) from Portugal, France's Iliad Akt (OTC Pink: ILIAY), Australia's Mineral Resources Ltd. (OTC Pink: MALRY), Meggit PLC (OTC Pink: MEGGY) from the United Kingdom, Ireland's Smurfit Kappa Group PLC (OTC Pink: SMFKY), and Japan's Takata Corp. (OTC Pink: TKTDY), which trade on OTC Pink. Thirty companies were removed from the index during the third quarter.
- The OTCQX30 Index finished down 9.53% in the third quarter. OTCQX ADRs within the index traded $7.3 billion during the quarter compared to $6.4 billion in the second quarter.
- Germany's Infineon Technologies AG (OTCQX: IFNNY), Royal DSM NV (OTCQX: RDSMY) from the Netherlands and Germany's Volkswagen AG (OTCQX: VLKAY) were added to the OTCQX30 Index during the quarter and Germany's Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA (OTCQX: FSNUY), Japan's Shiseido Company, Ltd. (OTCQX: SSDOY) and Turkiye Garanti Bankasi A.S. (OTCQX: TKGBY) from Turkey were removed.
The OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX30 Index are rules-based indices that are market capitalization weighted, adjusted for free float, and have various liquidity screens to ensure tradability. Both indices are priced in real-time and disseminated on all major financial platforms.
For a current list of all OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX30 Index constituents as well as real-time quotes, charts and data, visit the OTC Markets Group website, www.otcmarkets.com.
Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors cannot invest directly in the OTCM ADR Index or OTCQX30 Index.
About BNY Mellon DR Indices
BNY Mellon's DR Index team provides more than 140 indices, and there are now 17 ETFs trading in the U.S., Canada and Korea using BNY Mellon indices as their primary benchmarks. To learn more about BNY Mellon's DR Indices, visit www.bnymellondrindex.com.
BNY Mellon acts as depositary for more than 2,700 American and global depositary receipt programs, acting in partnership with leading companies from 68 countries. BNY Mellon is committed to helping securities issuers access the world's rapidly evolving financial markets and delivers a comprehensive suite of depositary receipt services. Learn more at www.bnymellon.com/dr
About OTC Markets Group Inc.
OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent and Connected financial marketplaces for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. Through our OTC Link® ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into marketplaces to better inform investors of opportunities and risks – OTCQX®, The Best Marketplace; OTCQB®, The Venture Marketplace; and OTC Pink®, The Open Marketplace. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price and empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality and availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed and more efficient financial marketplaces, visit www.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and SEC regulated ATS.
SOURCE OTC Markets Group Inc.