LOS ANGELES, Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- From Megan Fox's surprise nuptials on a beach to Vanessa Minnillo's long-awaited engagement, many of Hollywood's biggest names chose to celebrate their lifelong commitments this year with platinum wedding rings. Why platinum? Platinum's durability makes it the most secure setting for diamonds and other gemstones, so celebrities can enjoy their hectic lifestyles without worrying about prongs breaking or loose stones.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prlab/47821/
Celebrity stylist and jewelry expert Michael O'Connor offers a recap of the hottest celebrity engagement and wedding band styles from the past year:
- Colored Center Stone: Carrie Underwood chose a yellow diamond, Penelope Cruz wears a blue sapphire, and Kristen Bell opted for a fancy colored diamond all set in platinum. Since platinum is a naturally white metal, it maximizes the brilliance of colored gemstones.
- Vintage and Vintage Inspired: Megan Fox, Miranda Lambert, and Christina Applegate wear vintage or vintage inspired platinum rings featuring fine filigree or engraving work.
- Ultra-modern Diamond Cuts and Bands: Vanessa Minnillo has been spotted wearing an asscher cut diamond with trapezoids on each side of the center stone, while Maria Sharapova is all smiles showing off her cushion cut diamond on a split shank band set in platinum.
- Eternity Band: Emily Blunt, Megan Fox and Carrie Underwood are fans of platinum and diamond eternity bands.
- Pave or Micro Pave: Nicole Richie and Zoe Saldana added smaller diamonds around their center diamond, maximizing the brilliance of their platinum rings.
- Classic Band: Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, and Dave Annable opted for solid polished or brushed wedding bands set in platinum.
In addition to engagement rings and wedding bands, celebrity brides are also choosing platinum accessories for their wedding days. Emily Deschanel selected platinum and 10-carat diamond drop earrings and two platinum and diamond scroll hairpins, while Alicia Keyes glowed in a platinum and 50-carat diamond necklace that she wore on her head.
To get the celebrity look without the celebrity price tag, find high quality platinum settings starting from $1,000 visit www.preciousplatinum.com/designgallery?celebrityengagements
SOURCE Platinum Guild International-USA