CYPRESS, Calif., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- With the addition of the first full month of sales of the exciting new Outlander Sport compact CUV, Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced November sales were 4,306, an increase of more than 47 percent compared to November 2009. This represents Mitsubishi's largest year-over-year percentage increase for a single month in more than ten years (June 2000).
"The excitement of our sales team and dealer partners for the new Outlander Sport was contagious, because customers responded in a big way," said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. "And the showroom traffic translated into increases for Outlander and some of our other vehicles, as well."
In November, MMNA launched its ground-breaking marketing program for the Outlander Sport by holding the World's First Online Test Drive of a vehicle, through which 52,000 consumers participated in the Guinness Book of World Records-breaking "Live Drive" event by registering at outlandersport.com.
November sales highlights include:
- Outlander sales were up 64 percent and are up more than 23 percent for the year to date.
- Endeavor sales nearly quadrupled compared to last year (up 329 percent) and are up more than 34 percent for the year.
- Galant sales were up almost 4 percent compared to last November, and are up 6.6 percent year-to-date.
- Lancer Evolution sales were up more than 46 percent for the month.
- Mitsubishi sales have increased 2.4 percent year-to-date.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America, Inc.