ROCKVILLE, Md., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Owen Software announced today the release of a new and enhanced version of Pathevo®-STEM, the leading education and career planning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
Educational researchers consistently link effective academic advising with STEM student persistence, yet few resources exist to help advisors effectively guide students. The latest release of Pathevo®-STEM helps advisors counsel students who are interested in pursuing STEM majors and careers. Pathevo Advising provides new functionality designed to enhance the value of academic advising to students and faculty while helping advisors manage their workload. Pathevo®-STEM provides faculty advisors with tools for helping STEM students create personalized plans, including:
- The ability to assign a student to one or more academic advisors who can guide and support them throughout their academic career
- The ability to create a personalized program for a student by assigning student tasks with due dates and then tracking and monitoring completion of those tasks (for instance, signing up for a research project or initiating a summer internship search)
- Pathevo Binder sharing, enabling faculty and students to see shared items (assessment results, major and career information, and academic plans) in a single workspace. Students have the option of sharing items individually or providing access to their entire binder so that advisors can provide feedback
- An advising dashboard where advisors can quickly see a student's latest activities
- An advisor workspace where he or she can access student contact information, communications, tasks, and shared items and communicate with peer advisors
In addition, a range of new features have been added to the Pathevo®-STEM Administrative module, including automated subscription management, allowing administrators to monitor and manage license allocation internally using their choice of registration models (self-registration or managed registration). This release also marks the first full deployment of Pathevo®-STEM to the cloud, assuring optimal resource utilization and maximum service reliability.
"As a faculty advisor and Engineering Department Chair in large universities, I was repeatedly struck by the lack of tools available to faculty advisors," offered Dr. Adeboyejo Oni, Chief Executive Officer of Owen Software. "A wealth of new functionality added to Pathevo® STEM now provides both advisors and students a vehicle for collaboratively mapping out educational programs that go beyond the four walls of the classroom to assure the richest possible academic experience tied to their unique personal goals".
About Owen Software
Owen Software Corp. develops intuitive software technology and web-delivered software services to help individuals easily explore and create personalized education, career and employment pathways starting as early as middle school and continuing throughout their academic careers through achievement of professional careers. Copyright c1999-2012,Owen Software, all rights reserved. Pathevo™-Engineering 1.0 and Pathevo®-STEM are registered trademarks of Owen Software. For more information about Pathevo® or Owen Software, please contact [email protected].
SOURCE Owen Software