LAS VEGAS, Jan. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Owens Corning Insulating Systems will present an expanded portfolio of building science-supported high performance systems and solutions at the 2015 International Builders' Show® (IBS) in Las Vegas designed to help builders achieve code compliance, market differentiation and overall profitability in today's evolving marketplace. Every customer experience at IBS will reinforce how together, Owens Corning Insulating Systems and builders can build better homes and Turn Building Science into Building Genius™.
From innovative product introductions and inspired booth design (booth P16) to educational sessions and a new online community resource, Owens Corning's presence at IBS will showcase actionable building science solutions that help enable builders to consistently, efficiently and profitably design, construct and sell high performance homes.
Owens Corning™ PROPink® High Performance Conditioned Attic System*
During IBS, Owens Corning will unveil the new ProPINK® High Performance Conditioned Attic System. This system, currently approved for use in climate zones 2B and 3B, has been carefully developed using state-of-the-art building science research and designed specifically to deliver outstanding air, thermal and moisture in unvented attics where the air handling HVAC unit is placed in the attic space.
The High Performance Conditioned Attic System is available in thermal resistances of R-22, R-30, R-38 and R-49 with sophisticated components designed and tested to work together. These system components include Owens Corning™ PROPINK ONE® All Purpose Foam Sealant applied to eaves, framing gaps and sheathing joints, blown-in Owens Corning's PROPINK® EcoTouch® Loosefill Insulation and a proprietary netted fabric that creates a near-uniform application.
This comprehensive system targets four key areas in the attic, including the roof deck transitions, exposed sheathing joints, penetrations eaves and gable ends, to help builders and contractors deliver comfortable, efficient, high-performance homes for their customers.
As a new addition to the company's compete collection of systems solutions, the PROPink® High Performance Conditioned Attic System helps builders turn building science into building genius by safely and affordably optimizing home energy efficiency, comfort, durability and value per square foot.
*Patent Pending System and Components
Beyond the booth displays, Owens Corning experts will address topics of interest to builders during the following three educational sessions:
- "Venting: The Pros & Cons of Conditioned & Unconditioned Attics" will focus on helping builders turn building science into building genius to build high performance attics. Scheduled on Wednesday, Jan. 21 at 8:00 a.m., this presentation will leverage the latest performance results from field testing, advanced simulation hygrothermal modeling and building science advancements to explore strengths and weaknesses of both conditioned and unconditioned attics.
- "The Millennial Solution: How to Recruit & Retain This New Generation of Skilled Labor" session will help attendees better understand how to recruit and retain the Millennial generation as an important labor source. Taking place on Thursday, Jan. 22 at 10:00 a.m., this session focus on strategies that can be implemented immediately to expand recruitment bases, develop training, implement a 90-day on-boarding process, and manage this new generation.
- "The Sustainable American Dream" is a 30-minute educational forum series featuring noted expert Suzanne Shelton of the Shelton Group, presented daily during the show at 11:30 a.m. in the Owens Corning booth #P16. Builders who attend this session will gain insights from qualitative and quantitative data on the higher standards of energy efficiency and sustainability that today's homebuyers expect from their home.
High Performance Building Exchange
To extend the knowledge, passion and discovery fostered during the 2015 International Builders Show, residential and commercial builders can continue the conversation through a new online community developed by Owens Corning Insulating Systems.
The High Performance Building Exchange, available at www.highperformancebuildingexchange.com, is a collaborative online resource providing actionable building science information and consumer insights from industry experts for builders. The original and curated information will address topics that help builders improve quality, durability and comfort to build better homes and evolve their product offering.
Show attendees can visit booth #P16 during the 2015 International Builders' Show to view the complete selection of high performance building system solutions from Owens Corning, including:
- PROPink® High Performance Conditioned Attic System
- High Performance Ventilated Attic System
- Performance-based Wall Designs
- Performance Engineered HVAC Duct Systems
- Total Protection Roofing System™*
- ComfortBuilt™ Marketing System
- High Performance Building Exchange Website
For more information about Owens Corning's products and services, visit www.OwensCorning.com or call 1-800-Get-PINK®.
*Excludes non-Owens Corning™ Roofing products such as flashing, fasteners and wood decking.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune 500® company for 60 consecutive years and in business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013 and about 15,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com
SOURCE Owens Corning